GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Limp Mode

Shozy

Hi Guys,

Currently drive a VW Golf 1.6tdi bluemotion. The car has gone into limp mode yesterday afternoon. Unable to accelerate to more than 40mph on a level road. Also experiencing a whistling noise under the bonnet.

Took it to a garage who have a done a diagnostic check and advised an error code of P0299. There is not enough boost going into the turbo.

I've looked through different sites and forums and there has been different faults. Most common is a crack in a pipe near the turbo.

Anyone experienced this issue before and could give me heads up on what to do.

Thanks

Joelflores

Car(s)
Golf tsi 1.4
Hi Guys,

Currently drive a VW Golf 1.6tdi bluemotion. The car has gone into limp mode yesterday afternoon. Unable to accelerate to more than 40mph on a level road. Also experiencing a whistling noise under the bonnet.

Took it to a garage who have a done a diagnostic check and advised an error code of P0299. There is not enough boost going into the turbo.

I've looked through different sites and forums and there has been different faults. Most common is a crack in a pipe near the turbo.

Anyone experienced this issue before and could give me heads up on what to do.

Thanks

What was the issue then? Got something similar with mine. Any help is appreciated.