GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I oil change at dealership or third party shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
because the plugs is what the dealer would change every time for 9.50 and whats O-rings?

The o-ring is just the gasket that goes on the drain plug. You posted the link you should know. I wouldn't order those drain plugs from Amazon because the o-rings will likely be dried out by the time you use them and they could leak. You're going through a lot of hassle to save about $15 per year.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
The o-ring is just the gasket that goes on the drain plug. You posted the link you should know. I wouldn't order those drain plugs from Amazon because the o-rings will likely be dried out by the time you use them and they could leak. You're going through a lot of hassle to save about $15 per year.
aha ok got it but dont they just come as plugs no o-rings gasket thing of what dealer would typically have anyways? or that amazon one i found also includes o-rings because it didnt say just said drain plugs screw looking things

tigeo

Autocross Champion
At what I charge my clients an hour for my time vs. my time reading this over the last day, I may just buy the OP an extractor, the other few tools you need and a complimentary Liquimoly change kit from FCP to get the free for life ball rolling and you can all thank me with a Christmas card and I'll figure out how to write this off as a business expense.
91levbecf7r41.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
aha ok got it but dont they just come as plugs no o-rings gasket thing of what dealer would typically have anyways? or that amazon one i found also includes o-rings because it didnt say just said drain plugs screw looking things

All the drain plugs have an o-ring.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
At what I charge my clients an hour for my time vs. my time reading this over the last day, I may just buy the OP an extractor, the other few tools you need and a complimentary Liquimoly change kit from FCP to get the free for life ball rolling and you can all thank me with a Christmas card and I'll figure out how to write this off as a business expense.
View attachment 187069
no need to be trolling me you are definitely not funny dude.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
no need to be trolling me you are definitely not funny dude.
It's ok to laugh sometimes man, this is a pretty funny...9 pages for an oil change and at least a dozen posts about a $2 drain plug. I think it is we that are being trolled!

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Um, moderators....?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yes, you need something that looks nice for the oil change guy every 5k miles.

Troll - nobody could be this stupid.

There aren't that many women in car forums and (as a general rule), they either ask very basic questions, thank you for an answer and go back to lurking or they are very knowledgeable (from lurking and doing).

This one is acting like a 14 year old teenage boy troll. Don't feed the troll.
This ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.