GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys,

The EQT Boost Weather Sale is Live!
- FREE ECU Staged Tune with purchase of a Cobb AccessPort!

- FREE TCU Staged Tune with purchase of AP DSG Flashing!

- 15% Discount on all EQT Products (Turbos, Coilovers, etc)!

- 15% Discount on all Staged and Custom Tuning!

- FREE Swag Packs based on order total!
Please note we have already received a record number orders. We are expecting to be back ordered on most items very soon, so please order with that in mind and have some patience for the EQT Team through this sale! Thank you all for the continued support.

http://www.eqtuning.com/

Enjoy!

123466211_10164371406980634_5940861248428372724_o.jpg

Tyler230

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just jumped on this sale. Upgrading from a JB4.

Ed,

Still not sure I understand Cobb adjustable TC. I added it to my stage 1 tune, but will I ever experience it without fully disabling factory TC via OBD11 or VCDS?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just jumped on this sale. Upgrading from a JB4.

Ed,

Still not sure I understand Cobb adjustable TC. I added it to my stage 1 tune, but will I ever experience it without fully disabling factory TC via OBD11 or VCDS?

You need to fully code out TC to use it.

-- Ed

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I see, thank you. Also, are different plugs required for stage 1? I’ll be running 93 E10 on a 91 tune just for added safety with the wild weather swings here in Wisconsin.

If it's a stage 1 tune no you won't need different plugs. And almost everybody runs E10 since in most locations the gas stations add 10% E.

Tyler230

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If it's a stage 1 tune no you won't need different plugs. And almost everybody runs E10 since in most locations the gas stations add 10% E.
Thanks for the response. My point on the fuel was that I plan on running 93 octane on a 91 tune for the added safety.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I'm new to this so forgive my ignorant question, but does a Stage 1 tune need to be removed for emissions testing for yearly inspections? I live in NC if that matters.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm new to this so forgive my ignorant question, but does a Stage 1 tune need to be removed for emissions testing for yearly inspections? I live in NC if that matters.
Probably not if you have the stock DP. Whose tune do you have?

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. No tune yet, My car is '18 GTI completely stock (save wheels and tires). I'm seriously considering a Stage 1 EQT tune.