GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PSAS 4

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
FWIW, the PS3A/S clearance prices are way cheaper now. Just ordered two at Tire Rack. 235/45/17 for $118 ea.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
That's a good price for a great tire.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Also available in stock R 19" size. Cool. Will probably go with these when I wear out the crappy Contis my car came with.

I ran DWS06's on my first R for a while and was VERY happy with them. Great in all conditions. Shockingly sticky for a weather-capable tire. But I'll go with these next time, because Michelin.
Not knowing any better "thinking these Conti's are Great" wore them out and got the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on 19's
Wow , feels like I got a different car.
Quieter smoother ride, better handling with less understeer. Great in heavy rain, no hydroplaning.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Just FYI to everyone, there are some pretty good incentives on Michelins right now and the Pilot AS 4 is included.
I might not be able to hold out any longer. :)

Bought them yesterday. Discount matched Costco’s out the door price, and I didn’t have to wait around for rebates.

Installed this morning. Moved from 225/40/18 A/S 3+ to 235/40/18 A/S 4.

I know the tire size is not the same. So it’s not exactly apples to apples. Old tires had only ~15k KMs on them.

The A/S 4 are much quieter and the ride is a lot better. Dry traction and handling is at least as good. I found the 3+ were excellent in this regard anyway.

Attaching some (crappy) pics. Need to get the mounting grease and crap off of the wheels / tires now.

Agreed on the ride and the quiet! I only have about 30 miles of dry, city driving on them so far but they’re incredibly quiet. They ride well too. Better in both regards than my OEM Bridgestone RE97AS. So far I really like them. They’re not autocross tires but for daily use they seem like they’ll be just about perfect.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but just in case: Michelin gives free roadside assistance with their tires, so I’m going to cancel it on my auto insurance.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bought them yesterday. Discount matched Costco’s out the door price, and I didn’t have to wait around for rebates.

Agreed on the ride and the quiet! I only have about 30 miles of dry, city driving on them so far but they’re incredibly quiet. They ride well too. Better in both regards than my OEM Bridgestone RE97AS. So far I really like them. They’re not autocross tires but for daily use they seem like they’ll be just about perfect.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but just in case: Michelin gives free roadside assistance with their tires, so I’m going to cancel it on my auto insurance.
Glad you’re enjoying them as well?

I actually didn’t know that. How do you access their roadside assistance?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Bought a set. Haven’t had a chance to push the car in curves yet but daily driving is quiet and straight line traction is great for a all season.

Made in America which was a big selling point for me.

Tire Rack has the AS4's listed being made in Mexico while the AS3+ are in America. That's got to be a typo for the 4's, no?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I put a set of them on my A8 and I like them so far but have only driven them in fair weather at this point. Dry grip really good.

w124_karl

Ready to race!

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Thoughts on the Michelin PSAS4 vs. Conti DWS06 for daily driving?