GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Thumper

Autocross Champion
That is why I am questioning how much better could it get. Those guys at DG know what they are doing, that's for sure.

I had the DG SS in my GTI and loved it. Was a night and day difference, best mod I did after Stg 2.

When I got the R I decided to go with the APR kit instead, the tunable weight system looked like the thing to try. I ended up having to get the ECS end links too because the 42DD bushings the previous owner had installed with the VF bracket did not fit the APR bracket?

The APR kit is amazing as well, granted it's been 5 years since I got out of the GTI so not like a side by side comparison but it is impressive. I started with all the weight and figured I could take one off if needed but oddly, feel like I'd like just a bit more weight lol Just added a weighted BFI knob and shifting is almost effortless except for 6th and reverse which is a bit tight and needs adjusting probably due to the end links but haven't had time, and who cares about 6th anyway? LOL 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th is perfect and 4th to 5th is easy as pie.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Goin back to the shifter bushings. Jay what ones did you go with? Probably going to get them when I order the super pin. Do I need to mod the shifter like Honda guy does too? I thought I saw they it just replaces the plastic one.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Goin back to the shifter bushings. Jay what ones did you go with? Probably going to get them when I order the super pin. Do I need to mod the shifter like Honda guy does too? I thought I saw they it just replaces the plastic one.
I have 42DD shifter bushings and bracket bushings. The superpin yes you have to drill out the bracket and us JB weld to use the supplied jig as well as the first gear getter that they include.
Nope. The mall crawler. The cobra already has a wilwood bbk
bbk on an suv? hardcore

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I have 42DD shifter bushings and bracket bushings. The superpin yes you have to drill out the bracket and us JB weld to use the supplied jig as well as the first gear getter that they include.

bbk on an suv? hardcore

Yeah, the brakes on my GTI were bigger than the Lexus. The Lexus weighs almost twice as much though. I can’t deal with crappy brakes after being spoiled with great brakes on most all of the cars I’ve owned.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah, the brakes on my GTI were bigger than the Lexus. The Lexus weighs almost twice as much though. I can’t deal with crappy brakes after being spoiled with great brakes on most all of the cars I’ve owned.
Can't blame you there. After driving my gti the last few days (I leave the track pads on all the time) and going back to the jetta, I almost rear ended someone.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Can't blame you there. After driving my gti the last few days (I leave the track pads on all the time) and going back to the jetta, I almost rear ended someone.
Hahaha I remember when you drove my car and had the same problem

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Last edited: