GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Settled on a name. MOOSE.

And he responds to it too which is great.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
the other option was Morty. but i left it to a vote on the 'gram and moose won by about 20%. good thing is he seems to repsond to it. as a pitty mix hes stubborn so i think he's just being himself when he doesn't respond to it....

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
the other option was Morty. but i left it to a vote on the 'gram and moose won by about 20%. good thing is he seems to repsond to it. as a pitty mix hes stubborn so i think he's just being himself when he doesn't respond to it....
I DIDN'T GET TO VOTE I DEMAND A RE COUNT

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Have any of you guys put in the "super pin" on your shifters? I have been misshifting a lot more than I care to admit and I think it's due to the side to side slop that has gotten worse. Or do you think there is something else to alleviate this slop?

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Have any of you guys put in the "super pin" on your shifters? I have been misshifting a lot more than I care to admit and I think it's due to the side to side slop that has gotten worse. Or do you think there is something else to alleviate this slop?
Damn. I didn’t know diesel geek made those. I got their shaft bushings, but somehow missed the super pin.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've eyed it for a long time, let us know how it goes. Do you have shifter and bracket bushings already?
Bumper cover has to come off to remove the headlights right?
yeah

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Bumper cover has to come off to remove the headlights right?
at least part of the way, yeah. support the bottom with some wood and you might have enough space to slide by with the fender liner screws, front grille screws, and side clips off without having to remove the bottom hardware. never tried it but the idea had crossed my mind once upon a time.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm putting one in as well. I've got everything Dieselgeek installed except the Super Pin and the cable savers, and surprise surprise, that's where the remainder of my slop is coming from. I know that @Tony48 has installed the Super Pin and he seemed pretty pleased.

Damn. I didn’t know diesel geek made those. I got their shaft bushings, but somehow missed the super pin.
They're fairly new, within the last few months.

torga

Autocross Champion
at least part of the way, yeah. support the bottom with some wood and you might have enough space to slide by with the fender liner screws, front grille screws, and side clips off without having to remove the bottom hardware. never tried it but the idea had crossed my mind once upon a time.
At that point, it's just maybe 5 or 6 more bolts and the bumper's off and you've got all the room in the world. I'd just remove it completely, it's not too bad. Getting the clips lined back up again can be a pain.