GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone retrofitted "5WA-501-713" yet? ;)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Has anyone retrofitted "5WA-501-713" yet? ;)

That's the MK8 version of the MK5/6 Short cover for the multilink rear axle/subframe on the hatch only.....(not for torsion beam & not for estate)

I've not mentioned it as I'm not 100% certain if the exhaust will clear it & we know the MK5/6 cover fits ok..

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
That's the MK8 version of the MK5/6 Short cover for the multilink rear axle/subframe on the hatch only.....(not for torsion beam & not for estate)

I've not mentioned it as I'm not 100% certain if the exhaust will clear it & we know the MK5/6 cover fits ok..

I'm going to order it to try on my mk7. The listed part number for the mk5/6 cover is not nearly as readily available for us in the states, not to mention its listed for 41 euros new (and more than that used shipped to us) as opposed to $16 for the mk8 part!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm going to order it to try on my mk7. The listed part number for the mk5/6 cover is not nearly as readily available for us in the states, not to mention its listed for 41 euros new (and more than that used shipped to us) as opposed to $16 for the mk8 part!

Let me know how you get on...it covers a bit differently near the exhaust pipe on the left side....here is a photo I was given by another forum member (B3mt1)..

MK8-Rear-axle-cover-reduced.jpg

DiuSee

Car(s)
19 Golf R
Does anyone have experience with this steel skid plate? It has access to drain the oil and also brackets to hold the front up.

https://www.skid-plate.com/steel-sk...d-the-gearbox-for-vw-golf-7-automatic-gearbox

The plate itself looks strong and sturdy, but I personally would not trust that.

DSG needs cooling from fresh air, which this plate looks to lack.

Regarding impact protection, you would have two hanging metal brackets, your front bumper, and the side wheel well splash shields to stop any upward movement.

On FB groups, I have witness others that have used the ECS skid plate with out the front support, and they still had to get a new oil pan.

If you need easy access for oil changes, I would suggest getting an extractor for that job instead. Especially since our cars has the oil filter on the top of the engine.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave , I traded my GTE in for a SEAT Leon ST, I'll be applying your mods on it as well :cool:

Also, I noticed in some SEAT communities the inlet modification with the GTE-plate is being called "pikey r600" nowadays haha. Cool stuff.

Pikey R600 mod..hahaha!!....

As its the estate you will be able to do the bigger rear axle undertray..but don't do that mod yet!.....I'm looking out for the MK8 Golf estate to see what that has..& also the MK4 Octavia..but I can't get the underside info yet!

Fit the MK8 aero rear lower arm covers though as these are well worth it..& the Audi harmonic damper...& the front exhaust tunnel cover, etc., etc...

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16

When we are on the topic of rear axle cover. Does anybody knows what is the difference between 5WA501713 and 5WA501713B? First one has PR code 4P0 and latter one 4P3

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
When we are on the topic of rear axle cover. Does anybody knows what is the difference between 5WA501713 and 5WA501713B? First one has PR code 4P0 and latter one 4P3

The MK8 one??

4P0 is rear floor panel module type 1
4P3 is rear floor panel module type 4

It could be multilink/torsion beam...or petrol fuel tank or compressed natural gas fuel tank.....I don't know..I've not seen the underside of that many MK8 Golfs...

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16
The MK8 one??

4P0 is rear floor panel module type 1
4P3 is rear floor panel module type 4

It could be multilink/torsion beam...or petrol fuel tank or compressed natural gas fuel tank.....I don't know..I've not seen the underside of that many MK8 Golfs...
Nope
Multilink/torsion beam are 0N1 or 0N4,type of powertrain is 0K0 etc.

Hate those ambiguous PR codes. And biggest problem is I haven't seen those codes before on any MK7

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Nope
Multilink/torsion beam are 0N1 or 0N4,type of powertrain is 0K0 etc.

Hate those ambiguous PR codes. And biggest problem is I haven't seen those codes before on any MK7

I know what the PR codes are for the rear suspension....

I was wondering if "rear floor panel module type 1 or type 4" was for the the rear floor panel for either multi-link or torsion beam..not the suspension itself...but more likely fuel tank type...

MK7 Golf has the code 4P0 for this part:-

5Q0 803 501 AL side member
here:-

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/8/803-803010/#8

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16
I know what the PR codes are for the rear suspension....

I was wondering if "rear floor panel module type 1 or type 4" was for the the rear floor panel for either multi-link or torsion beam..not the suspension itself...but more likely fuel tank type...

MK7 Golf has the code 4P0 for this part:-

5Q0 803 501 AL side member
here:-

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/8/803-803010/#8
Yes, I know you know, and also I know translation of PR codes.

On MK8 etka there is also mention of 4P0 and 4P3 in the side member category but sadly there are no pictures. Does anybody has some different source?
1601046370820.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yes, I know you know, and also I know translation of PR codes.

On MK8 etka there is also mention of 4P0 and 4P3 in the side member category but sadly there are no pictures. Does anybody has some different source?
View attachment 186891

Different source is early on in the Mk8 model cycle??...good luck with that...

BTW on the MK7 part I mentioned above with 4P0 code the other PR codes for that part were "without alternate drive" & "4 link rear suspension"...therefore for petrol & diesel engines & with multilink rear suspension.

The parts above with the two codes you are looking for have PR codes for torsion bean, multi-link, 2WD & AWD...so basically they will fit anything...but what the two PR codes are for I don't know.....the only thing left is exhaust box types or fuel tank types/sizes...

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Pikey R600 mod..hahaha!!....

As its the estate you will be able to do the bigger rear axle undertray..but don't do that mod yet!.....I'm looking out for the MK8 Golf estate to see what that has..& also the MK4 Octavia..but I can't get the underside info yet!

Fit the MK8 aero rear lower arm covers though as these are well worth it..& the Audi harmonic damper...& the front exhaust tunnel cover, etc., etc...

I had the chance to look underneath the car yesterday, and took some pictures :) Looks like there's some room for improvement, except for the harmonic damper 😅
Going to be cool!! Front exhaust tunnel has arrived already, can't wait to put it on!