GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed and Stanced?...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
they do it cause it's cool. I don't like it but it's their car and $...they'll get a nice looking ride from me even though I know it's silly. I do admit to liking the donk style even though it's just as foolish. fwiw many things car folks do to cars is only for our pleasure

Mud

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Never understood it, and never will. Doesn't look good, with tons of cons attached to it.

Boggles my mind why people like to put it on bags. It looks atrocious.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I remember being nervous about doing H&R springs and lowering my car an inch...hahahahahahaha

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I've run every type of suspension combo known.....springs, springs and shocks, cupkit, coilovers, air ride......name it. I love the look of a lowered car...without a doubt. Believe it or not, I bought the air ride kit more for functionality...I had a stupid steep driveway that wouldn't accomadate springs or coils. After notching the subframe, never had an issue with premature wear of any suspension part over 3 years. PITA to maintain, but the novelty was cool. I'm definitely for LOWERED, but not static slammed.

Stance on the other hand.....to me it just looks dumb and broken.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I recently installed BC Ultra Low coilovers for a customer's mk7... guy wanted to be really low, I tried talking him out of it but he knew better. We put him low like he wanted and the sound of him scraping across the driveway as he left made me cringe. I don't get it but to each their own.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I recently installed BC Ultra Low coilovers for a customer's mk7... guy wanted to be really low, I tried talking him out of it but he knew better. We put him low like he wanted and the sound of him scraping across the driveway as he left made me cringe.
hahahaha....awesome. I remember the first time I learned I needed to research springs/wheels/tire size/ET when back in the day I through on some BBS VZ 18" wheels, vogtland springs and went for a drive. The metal being bent sound as I turned was heartbreaking. I learned really fast after that day....

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I think most people don't want the look of the wheel gap. To me there is a difference of Stanced, Low, and Impracticalled Low (Slammed).... being low, lower, and that car can't go any lower.
Everyone lowers the car a tad, looks better. Slammed tho is just its own subculture. Nothing wrong with it imo, to each their own.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
ea6082aeef54ece12e1de55853bfef8b.jpg

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I don’t get it but to each their own. My friends who have their cars on bags slammed to the ground think my carbon steering wheel looks gaudy as hell.

No denying though that’s it’s an aesthetic change that functionally ruins the way the car handles.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Because its what they like.They think it looks cool. They love the attention it gets.

Everyone modifys their car to what makes them happy, and whatever purpose they want it to serve. You cant please everybody. Thats the whole point. Your car is what you want it to be.

My MK5 GTI was on bags. My MK7.5 is on DG Springs which is the highest lowering spring for this chassis. My truck is lifted. My BMW is slammed on coilovers. Its all personal preference. People buy intakes for sound over performance. People argue if turbo muffler deletes actually do anything. People spend too much money on badgeskins. Rotiforms are heavy.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Because its what they like.They think it looks cool. They love the attention it gets.

Everyone modifys their car to what makes them happy, and whatever purpose they want it to serve. You cant please everybody. Thats the whole point. Your car is what you want it to be.

How dare you suggest that everyone can have an opinion that's different from mine!

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
The stock height on the 1.8 is monstrous so I ordered BC Extreme low to close the gap. Right now my current "Stance" is having my fenders flush with my tires profile my new coils are going to run the same look. I just ordered them because my Solowerks handle terribly now. It's low compared to a lot of the ones I see shared here, but I have meaty tires and no aero. I dont rub at full turn, and can count the amount of places I scrape on one hand, mostly due to not having a splitter or front lip..

I did it to make the car look better since my car is pretty much only driven on the street, the closest I get to performance driving is canyon runs which are no issue on my setup.