GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch slip log

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Figured since we all like looking at logs, some would get a kick out of these 3 logs showing what it looks like with some MEGA slip going on, lol.

back story.... this is with the clutch master fx-500 full face ceramic 8 puck disc, the clutch has less than 5k on it too as i just had it installed by VW dealer on June 1st, at the time i replaced the DMF with a new unit as well.

to be clear this is in no way the fault of the clutch itself though, but more the mistake of clutch material selection for my specific scenario... I have never driven a car With a ceramic clutch and i ignored the comments of not feathering the clutch for smooth take offs and on hill start i would carelessly slip the clutch too much. and i wore down the material at a unrealistic rate. When i first got the clutch in the grab point was at the floor within the first 1-1.5" after 1k miles it was probably about 2-4" and perfect, With time i could gradually feel the grab point moving up, but it was holding the hybrid power with ease and not even slipping on the 4k launches, but now that the engagement point is really bad (top 1") so its just truly run out of friction material now.

oh well, live n learn & pay to play...

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/slipping?log=2&data=8-9-12

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Finally, a person that takes responsibility for not driving their car properly instead of blaming the clutch.