GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Science behind the MK7.5 !!!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Interesting, im a big fan of donut medias content. Just saw this one an hour ago! Lol

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Good content in the video, but I wouldn't have minded if it was being delivered by someone else.

Edit: Also, was the GTI really the first FWD vehicle to have a locking differential? I know others have had limited slip differentials, but maybe those didn't lock? It's admittedly not something I've done much research or reading on.

Last edited:

510danr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
'cmon Bra, lets go crush some sandos!
But seriously, I'd been trying to find out if the DCC is truly Active, semi-active or just 3 low speed compression settings. If it is analyzing the chassis' movement and adjusting damping in real time, I'd have expected it to feel more refined or just more pronounced as compared to the 2 non-DCC cars I drove earlier this summer. I'm Not complaining- I really like it over our rough roads.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Good content in the video, but I wouldn't have minded if it was being delivered by someone else.

Edit: Also, was the GTI really the first FWD vehicle to have a locking differential? I know others have had limited slip differentials, but maybe those didn't lock? It's admittedly not something I've done much research or reading on.

MK1 Ford Focus RS had a Quaife LSD ..so no "open diff" in the gearbox transfer case........proper hardcore......

The so called "diff" in the MK7 GTI isn't the same thing as its actually a electrohydraulic clutch pack haldex unit which is bolted to the outside of the gearbox/transfer unit on the USA passenger side drive shaft.....& you still have an open diff unit inside the gearbox transfer unit..

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
If only they could solve the exterior styling and interior reliance on touch sensitive surfaces.