GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW GTI 2009 Car Won't start

deathnoodles

Car(s)
VW GTI golf 2009
Hello,
I'm having an issue with my VW GTI 2009 where the engine won't start when I turn the key. I don't hear the tick tick tick tick or anything of the spark plugs. So far I've checked the battery and it does read 11.56 V but charging it or attempting to jump the car doesn't work. The tower guy had a portable jump starter and after trying it, he didn't believe it was the battery. All my lights seem to turn on and work. It worked fine yesterday when I drove to the grocery store. It wouldn't start when I tried to start it to get back home. I may have smelled a slight bit of electronic smell after the first couple times I tried to start. I did not hear any sounds beforehand. Let me know if there is anything else I should check.

Passed Driver's Ed
If it won't turn at all, it could be the starter. They tend to die in the 125K-150K range.

deathnoodles

Car(s)
VW GTI golf 2009
thanks! Turned out it was my starter. :D You guys are awesome. I found some instructions to change it but it seemed like I needed to be below the car and in areas I've no clue about. The shop quoted about 900 bucks after everything, but they don't have a starter in stock so they have to order it. Also, yea! My car is at 141K. You're spot on.