GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Rigid Collar / TyrolSport Deadset Subframe Alignment Kit

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I ordered 034's Rigid Collar kit SKU# 034-601-0043 back on July-29. I had to send them 4 emails before they even responded to when they would ship it out. When they finally responded this past Monday, they told me that they are still making them and they wont have it done till SEPT-18?! Strangely enough, their website says theyre in stock.

The only reason I went with the 034 front subframe kit was the price. Its USD 135.00. The TyrolSport kit is USD 285.00, and the CTS kit is USD 230.00. All of these kits are essentially aluminum spacers and new bolts as the subframe bolts are 1 use only. I am intersted in these since I have to pull out my subframe anyway to install my Hotchkis front sway bar. Does anyone have another alternative? Is the TyrolSport kit really worth twice as much as the 034? Looks like VWR has a kit for USD 115.00 but it doesnt even come with the bolts. Is the deadset kit even worth it in general? Open to everyone's feedback.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
The front deadset kit is definitely worth it if you drive spiritedly or just hate subframe clunk.
The Tyrolsport kit is extremely nice and includes ARP bolts that can be reused (non-stretch), whereas the 034 and CTS kits include new OE stretch bolts.

I've used the Tyrolsport kit on my Golf R and RS3, but don't think it's worth the extra money if you don't plan on pulling your subframe every other weekend. I actually sold the Tyrolsport kit from my Golf R and then after hating my life from listening to the subframe shifting (torqued to spec), I picked up the 034 kit.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I ordered 034's Rigid Collar kit SKU# 034-601-0043 back on July-29. I had to send them 4 emails before they even responded to when they would ship it out. When they finally responded this past Monday, they told me that they are still making them and they wont have it done till SEPT-18?! Strangely enough, their website says theyre in stock.

The only reason I went with the 034 front subframe kit was the price. Its USD 135.00. The TyrolSport kit is USD 285.00, and the CTS kit is USD 230.00. All of these kits are essentially aluminum spacers and new bolts as the subframe bolts are 1 use only. I am intersted in these since I have to pull out my subframe anyway to install my Hotchkis front sway bar. Does anyone have another alternative? Is the TyrolSport kit really worth twice as much as the 034? Looks like VWR has a kit for USD 115.00 but it doesnt even come with the bolts. Is the deadset kit even worth it in general? Open to everyone's feedback.
Deadset just centers your subframe. You can do the same with your hands and eyeballs.

You are basically asking, should I spend money, just because?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Deadset just centers your subframe. You can do the same with your hands and eyeballs.

You are basically asking, should I spend money, just because?

That's not even close to what it does.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
That's not even close to what it does.
Wrong.

From the product description, which I didn't need to look up but I did it for you...

"034Motorsport's MQB Front Subframe Locking Collar Kit eliminates subframe shifting and precisely locates the front subframe on Volkswagen MkVII Golf/GTI/R models."

"Precisely locates", that's centering the subframe.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Wrong.

From the product description, which I didn't need to look up but I did it for you...

"034Motorsport's MQB Front Subframe Locking Collar Kit eliminates subframe shifting and precisely locates the front subframe on Volkswagen MkVII Golf/GTI/R models."

Yes, it centers the subframe - but that’s not the primary reason people buy deadset kits. It’s for the deadset part, AKA: eliminating subframe shifting.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wrong.

Are you completely ignoring the "eliminates subframe shifting" part? You don't get a deadset kit to center the subframe. You get a deadset kit to stop it from moving.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Makes for a much stronger connection point. Filling voids and better meshing of the two parts. Love mine and I have money to waste. I also have the rear kit now, just need to install. If I had a new GTI or R, this would be a 1st year project along with Unibrace UBQ.

Last edited:

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Makes for a much stronger connection point. Filling voids and better meshing of the two parts. Love mine and I have money to waste. I also have the rear kit now, just need to install. If I had a new GTI or R, this would be a 1st year project along with Unibrace UBQ.
Which kit did you get?

JTM65

Passed Driver's Ed
034 looks very interesting. I may need to try it on my next suspension upgrade. Seems from the Spoon analysis video that there is a clear case for better sub frame rigidity.