GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Discontinued all stage two software?!

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I don’t know... seems more like incompetence than any sort of malicious intent. If you put some people there that knew anything about auto emissions they’d probably adjust the regulations to suit reality. Instead it sounds like a corrupt racket.

You underestimate the "greenies", especially in CA LMAO Sure, they are corrupt as the mafia, but they are also purposefully malicious in pursuit of their goals.

They have their goals and they will certainly do anything to achieve them no matter what us "stupid" masses want or think. The virtue signalling "greenies" who's every policy is rife with hypocrisy are poster children for the greater good mentality where they can explain away the most grevious acts of evil if it advances what they feel is an ultimately good outcome. They would likely sign off on a car that ran on liquefied bald eagles if it got 100MPG. Seriously, you can't graze cattle in open land in NV for fear of trampling a lizard. But they will eagerly sign up to cover 100s of acres with solar panels, damaging and completely changing the environment. Destroying peat bogs in the UK for wind farms, the god awful poisons produced to obtain metric tons of lithium for batteries. while they rally and cry for the EPA to crack down on pollutants here in the US, it's a sad joke that elsewhere in the world those pollutants are increasing in other countries where the manufacture of their "green" products all take place.

I am going to pick the brains of my APR dealer this weekend and see if he has insights. I have to go in to get the tunes on the TTRS re-installed, Audi had a recall to replace the factory software in the ECU so had the APR software removed before taking it in, it's been hell driving it in factory mode lol. I'll dig into this while I wait and see what he knows.

flight1us

Ready to race!
Anyone know if i flash back to stock with a k04 would i have drivability issues

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if i flash back to stock with a k04 would i have drivability issues

you should be fine, i've done it for smog test when putting back stock DP with k04. as long as you stay out of boost should be very safe. but ive floored it a few times stock tune and k04 and nothing happened either.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
So I've done a bit of research, and found some coincidences.

APR, LLC. was recently purchased by Powerteq; I cannot find any press release on this, or a date, but this parent company appears to own others such as Diablosport, Dinian, Superchips, etc.
APR's website has been revamped to follow the same layout and format as seen on the other sites.
I've been looking at the other websites and have been unable to find any downpipes or DPF deletes, even on Dinan (who as I hear has been notoriously downpipe shy anyway).

It looks like the EPA has been rather busy over the last couple years going after makers of "emission defeat devices", and while I cannot find anything that suggests APR was involved in any way, my theory is that the parent company Powerteq is trying to avoid EPA attention as much as possible, and has therefore discontinued all emissions exhaust and tuning modifications offered by all of their subsidiaries.

And there's also @Arin@APR 's post here:
Arin@APR said:
APR has been leading the way in compliance in our marketplace for some time now. In Germany, for example, TUV approval is sought for everything we sell. In the USA, we've been working on CARB approval too. The process is lengthy compared to TUV. On our end, we just made a massive investment into emissions testing equipment for memo1A self certification. This includes a new dyno, dyno room construction, fan, power to the building, and most importantly, the extremely expensive testing equipment. For end users, I know this isn't music to your ears. Some, maybe most of you, don't care. But it's part of our long term strategy to continue tuning cars for the indefinite future, and helps put us into a better position to do so.

Ultimately, there will be some drawbacks. We're not going to have some products. That may limit peak power in some situations. In others, not so much. For example, various Audi and Porsche platforms simply don't have power restrictive components we would otherwise love to modify, and as such, we're able to make just as much power as if they were not there. We're able to do this all while keeping everything legal. This is mostly true on H6, V6, and V8 dual bank setups, but has proven true on all Porsche 4 cylinders, smaller 4 cylinders, and nearly true on 5 cylinder applications too. Heck, even our 700+ WHP Carrera only saw a few hundred mbar of pressure drop from turbo to exhaust tip with the full factory system - We can't say thank you enough to Porsche on that one!

Anyways, the change is real, but we're going to keep doing what we've always done, and that's make kick ass products. We'll lead the way on this front — and others, if they are still around, will eventually follow along too.

Thanks for hearing me out.

-Arin
Arin@APR said:
Downpipes are discontinued. Stage 2 will no longer be for sale after labor day. It will still be supported and flashable if you flashed it before this date, or if you have an auth code from a DP purchase. Essentially, if you're already a customer, you'll remain a supported customer.

Last edited: