GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I'm thoroughly confused now... Now my parking brake is working just fine. I didn't do anything to it yet. Wtf?!

torga

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever use USP's clutch bleeder block?

This one

I'm having issues with it fitting with their stainless steel clutch line.
Are you lubing up the line first? The USP line refused to go in dry, but slipped in as it should once I put sil-glyde on the o-rings. I haven't installed yet (will do that this Saturday), but both ends of the line fit the Spulen bleeder block, so I assume the line will also fit the MC.
I'll be doing that as well as the RSR clutch this weekend.

I'll also be doubling up on o-rings for the clutch line. It looks like USP uses the same hardware as Clutch Masters to build their line, and they use dual o-rings on each side. Double the sealing is always better.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah turns out it just doesn't fit the 6R and I assumed incorrectly.
Will be putting it up for sale soon lol
weird... fits 4R and 7R, but not 5R and 6R.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Car is done. Saturday pickup, then 500-mile break-in. Lots of pictures for the build thread inbound. Car is a bit rustier than I thought, but nothing concerning.
I think I'm missing something. What are you building sir? Why is it rusty?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I think I'm missing something. What are you building sir? Why is it rusty?

I had a bunch of work done on my R including clutch, rear main seal, transmission fluid, haldex fluid and filter, upgraded engine mounts, timing belt and pulleys, water pump, thermostat, coolant, oil change, carbon cleaning, short throw shifters, braided clutch line, new ball joints, tie rod ends, and sway bar end links.

I think that covers everything. Some suspension parts of my car were super rusty and needed replacing (only found out after I dropped the car off), and there is a bit of surface rust on some places. The car originally came from Iowa before I brought it down to Florida.

Last edited:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I had a bunch of work done on my R including clutch, rear main seal, transmission fluid, haldex fluid and filter, upgraded engine mounts, timing belt and pulleys, water pump, thermostat, coolant, oil change, carbon cleaning, short throw shifters, braided clutch line, new ball joints, tie rod ends, and sway bar end links.

I think that covers everything. Some suspension parts of my car were super rusty and needed replacing (only found out after I dropped the car off), and there is a bit of surface rust on some places. The car originally came from Iowa before I brought it down to Florida.

So you're more or less gonna get back a brand new R?

Nice. :)