GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Active Info Display themes - coding spreadsheed

d3vvy

Hi. I am looking to do a retrofit and AID install on my 2015 Golf GTE. Dont know much about coding yet. Could you point me in the right direction or do you know of a shop in the Netherlands capable of this mod. Every shop I contacted said they didnt know how to do the GTE.

I could noy see any coding in your spreadsheet for the GTE. Does this mean this theme is simply not available?

Last edited:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi. I am looking to do a retrofit and AID install on my 2015 Golf GTE. Dont know much about coding yet. Could you point me in the right direction or do you know of a shop in the Netherlands capable of this mod. Every shop I contacted said they didnt know how to do the GTE.

I could noy see any coding in your spreadsheet for the GTE. Does this mean this theme is simply not available?
My car is a GTE and the sheet has hybrid references in it [emoji57]
Doing the GTE is possible. I've done it on my car together with my friend from MQB coding (you can find him on Facebook) . We have been researching this issue for more than 7 months, and took some bold risks, risking bricking my car while exploring stuff no-one did before. But in the end it was all worth it : fully working AID.

Minimum requirements, besides having an AID:
MIB2
Latest facelift version of engine firmware
Preferably a 3q0 gateway

d3vvy

Doing the GTE is possible. I've done it on my car together with my friend from MQB coding (you can find him on Facebook) . We have been researching this issue for more than 7 months, and took some bold risks, risking bricking my car while exploring stuff no-one did before. But in the end it was all worth it : fully working AID.

MIB2
Preferably a 3q0 gateway

Incidentally I also contacted MQB coding and the owner specifically told me not to do it due to all the risks and bugs involved. There is a local shop I found quoting me 2k eur to do it. Should I trust them with my car? Would you say it is possible they know the risks involved with my particular model?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Hi Chillout,

Something to pick your brain about since you mentioned updated engine firmware and gateway. I have the AID in my 2015 TDI S, along with MIB II nav retrofit.

No reported coding faults for my AID or gateway (I do have a module incorrectly coded fault in 5F although everything works). My issue is that I often get a check engine light for the glow plug indicator. When I turn the key from Off > On I see the glow plug indicator, just as before retrofitting the AID.

Now for the strange bit... If I go from off to on slowly, which appears to give the car more time to show the indicator, the check engine light will clear itself after a few drives. I normally verify the code is no longer active or pending with a scan. But if someone else drives the car or if I get in and "quickly" go to on the check engine light comes back.

It seems to me that the engine module is not recognizing that the glow plug indicator is actually working. But since I'm able to eventually clear the light I feel like this is a software problem more than anything else. Do you think updating my engine software could fix this? Or something with the gateway?

My car came with mid gateway but I have a high that I could install and have coded. I also have a high line BCM that I need to install at some point so that I can get my retrofitted heated seats working but I don't imagine the BCM has anything to do with my CEL problems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Incidentally I also contacted MQB coding and the owner specifically told me not to do it due to all the risks and bugs involved. There is a local shop I found quoting me 2k eur to do it. Should I trust them with my car? Would you say it is possible they know the risks involved with my particular model?
Don't do it for 2000. That's a crime, really... And you can tell Mike from MQB coding, we can do it. We both agree, it's been a pain in the ass with lots of risks. But now that we've done it once we can do it again. And it won't cost 2000. Holy shit that's a lot and I'm pretty sure they don't know how to do it. So far I've only seen 1 succesful install, which was on my own car. [emoji16]

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi Chillout,

Something to pick your brain about since you mentioned updated engine firmware and gateway. I have the AID in my 2015 TDI S, along with MIB II nav retrofit.

No reported coding faults for my AID or gateway (I do have a module incorrectly coded fault in 5F although everything works). My issue is that I often get a check engine light for the glow plug indicator. When I turn the key from Off > On I see the glow plug indicator, just as before retrofitting the AID.

Now for the strange bit... If I go from off to on slowly, which appears to give the car more time to show the indicator, the check engine light will clear itself after a few drives. I normally verify the code is no longer active or pending with a scan. But if someone else drives the car or if I get in and "quickly" go to on the check engine light comes back.

It seems to me that the engine module is not recognizing that the glow plug indicator is actually working. But since I'm able to eventually clear the light I feel like this is a software problem more than anything else. Do you think updating my engine software could fix this? Or something with the gateway?

My car came with mid gateway but I have a high that I could install and have coded. I also have a high line BCM that I need to install at some point so that I can get my retrofitted heated seats working but I don't imagine the BCM has anything to do with my CEL problems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yes, sounds like updating to facelift firmware is very wise. New gateway might also help

d3vvy

Don't do it for 2000. That's a crime, really... And you can tell Mike from MQB coding, we can do it. We both agree, it's been a pain in the ass with lots of risks. But now that we've done it once we can do it again. And it won't cost 2000. Holy shit that's a lot and I'm pretty sure they don't know how to do it. So far I've only seen 1 succesful install, which was on my own car. [emoji16]
Can you please contact me. I am really, really interested!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

pnikko

Hello
I have a retrofit AID in my french mk7 GTI
My dashbord is red and the speed limit is 260, the measurement scale is
20 to 20 but i Want to see the 30 and 50 km/h
With value i need change in vcds?

My dashboard

I want a better measurement scale Like this but i don’t
Want the R speed limit

Last edited:

TranceSetter

I'm getting my new Golf MK7.5 somewhere beginning of 2019 and I think this thread is fantastic. The Google document is also really helpful, I was just wondering if it would make sense to also include the actual image of the dials (from a specific screen) so you can actually see the differences.

I do think it's a bit more complex than each bit being separate from each other, otherwise it would be really easy to define which style you want. Maybe even include the max speed on the dials, as this is apparently also part of the coding.

I do not have VCDS for the new car myself, otherwise I would have loved to help out here by coding some variations and making pictures of it too.

Nick Mk7

Car(s)
Vw Golf Gte

MIB2
Preferably a 3q0 gateway
I’ve got the aid already fitted but no rev counter or needle sweep 🤷‍♂️My car is 2015 I’m purchasing the latest gateway tomoz how do I go about flashing my ecu ? Thanks
Nick

Nick Mk7

Car(s)
Vw Golf Gte
Cheers that will be good I’ve got Odis and vcp and vcds so fingers crossed I should get it sorted I’m off to order the can gateway now 👍