GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI information thread

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
How can I find a euro intake on eBay? I tried setting the filter but it comes up world wide. I much rather get one with injectors installed then drill it myself. Dapshop has the factory ones for cheap but the euro is enticing.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Try EURO ebay.uk/de websites and search for the ROW intake manifold part number 06L 133 201 AH. Not uncommon to find the intake manifold along with the fuel rail (06K 133 681 A) attached. I got mine off a Euro parts website called ProxyParts with the IM & fuel rail off a Clubsport with a few hundred miles for ~$180 shipped.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Try EURO ebay.uk/de websites and search for the ROW intake manifold part number 06L 133 201 AH. Not uncommon to find the intake manifold along with the fuel rail (06K 133 681 A) attached. I got mine off a Euro parts website called ProxyParts with the IM & fuel rail off a Clubsport with a few hundred miles for ~$180 shipped.
Awesome thank u!

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
So you are using the factory rail? What plugs into it from our car if it didn’t come with this from the factory?

Attachments

• E95BE5E3-6BE5-47B6-BE90-890E9846BD81.jpeg
    E95BE5E3-6BE5-47B6-BE90-890E9846BD81.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I haven't moved ahead with the install yet, but most people use an aftermarket harness from Precision Raceworks, CTS, or APR. You can buy the PR harness separately directly from the company, or from BMP Tuning.

Using the ROW MPI rail, you will also need to buy a fuel T as our HPFP only has one outlet. I bought this black anodized aluminum one (thanks for the link @vw671), good for e85 if you want it:
https://www.amazon.com/Earls-Performance-782405ERL-Vapor-Guard/dp/B01EKUF7O4

mw1978

Ready to race!
Hi guys
I’m thinking to upgrade my factory MPI injectors with Bosch injectors but heard than only PR injectors have correct spray pattern.
Is this true or only marketing??

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys
I’m thinking to upgrade my factory MPI injectors with Bosch injectors but heard than only PR injectors have correct spray pattern.
Is this true or only marketing??
The CTS injectors are just as good and do the job

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yup got my euro intake manifold from ebay uk. Was pretty cheap and made the mpi swap a breeze.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
PR flow matches the Bosch injectors

mw1978

Ready to race!
I haven't moved ahead with the install yet, but most people use an aftermarket harness from Precision Raceworks, CTS, or APR. You can buy the PR harness separately directly from the company, or from BMP Tuning.

Using the ROW MPI rail, you will also need to buy a fuel T as our HPFP only has one outlet. I bought this black anodized aluminum one (thanks for the link @vw671), good for e85 if you want it:
https://www.amazon.com/Earls-Performance-782405ERL-Vapor-Guard/dp/B01EKUF7O4
Do you think that this T connector will work correct? APR of CTS using connector with kind of bump on it!
Does anyone know what is this and where I can purchase it???
E918C717-EB66-4541-9FA7-C4342A9D69B9.jpeg

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I’m sure it’d work great. APR or CTS won’t sell them individually though. And the one I linked works just fine for guys making a ton more power and boost than I plan to with that setup.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Do you think that this T connector will work correct? APR of CTS using connector with kind of bump on it!
Does anyone know what is this and where I can purchase it???
View attachment 183011

I have been looking for this part a while now. APR and CTS use it, they might not sell it separately, but it is also an OEM part for ROW. I just haven't been able to find the part# for it.

I am currently using the T connector mentioned above, but the OEM part would be a nice, cleaner look.

mw1978

Ready to race!
I have been looking for this part a while now. APR and CTS use it, they might not sell it separately, but it is also an OEM part for ROW. I just haven't been able to find the part# for it.

I am currently using the T connector mentioned above, but the OEM part would be a nice, cleaner look.
I’m looking on my engine bay with factory MPI and I can’t find this part:unsure::unsure:
Fuel line goes from left side of engine to HPFP and then from right side of HPFP to MPI rail.

Last edited:

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this T fitting doesn't exist for the ROW vehicles. The ROW HPFP has a separate fitting that supplies fuel to the port injection rail. Here's a link to a @littco post describing drilling out this fitting for improved flow to the MPI rail with larger than stock MPI injectors and tuning:

The ROW MPI rail routes fuel differently than the PR/CTS rails, hence the need for a T when using the ROW MPI rail with the single outlet NAR HPFP.