GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD 11 with IPhone?

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got an 2018 GTI and I’m interested in OBD11 with an iPhone.

Some fairly recent videos indicate that iOS app doesn’t have all features and there are a bunch of bad reviews on the App Store.

Anybody have any luck with the iOS versions of OBD11?

The Iphone version is already out. I bought it, and it works well. I would def recommend it. I got mine from ShopDap and immediately did hot country mod lol

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Looking to purchase obd11, but I've heard you need a Android OS to use the app.

Can anyone clear this up? I have an iPhone.

Also, is OBD11 worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just need to get the 2nd Gen OBDEleven.. but you can only do one-touch app coding with IOS.. if you want to do long-coding, you need to use an android. I just got mine last week and it is DEFINITELY worth it. If not for the tail lights and window mods, definitely in my opinion worth doing the XDS mod and the improved throttle response. You will notice a difference if your car is stock..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HCGJ8ST/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Can you do adaptations with the Next Gen (iOS) OBDeleven? It says it’s enabled on their website but I don’t have one (yet).

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Well to be honest i'm not sure because I don't have a pro account.. but all of the basic functions their site says it does on IOS is accurate, so I would imagine you would be able to if you have a pro account.

One thing to note is that your account is actually linked to your email/obdeleven account, not the physical device. So if you got it and you couldn't do the adaptation on your iphone, you could always download the app on a friends android and just use your login info. Then you could do it through their phone that way.

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Just a follow up, you can in fact do adaptations on IOS you just need the PRO account. I finally tested it. I got the starter kit OBDEleven without the Pro, but you can just pay $31.99 to upgrade to pro at any time.

Just in case somebody wanted to know.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
When the iOS app was first released, it was extremely incomplete. They've quietly updated it gradually to where it now seems to be up to par with the Android version (I have used both). Now if they'd just get off the dime and come out with BMW support for the 2nd gen dongle, I'll be a happy camper.