GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
that is sound logic. I'm sure you've considered it already, but switching tuners isn't the end of the world, regardless of how much money you have invested already.

APR IS38 upgrade from Stage1/2 - $699

EQT Protune w/Cobb AP - $1075

Obviously that is more expensive, but you can recoup at least $500 if you ever sell the AP, and if you don't sell it you can use it for the next turbo you upgrade to 😂 . Not trying to persuade you against your decision, this is just the conversation I had with myself with I switched from Unitronic to EQT.

If I had Unitronic I’d absolutely make the switch, but APR is close enough performance wise and that $500 difference bought my SuperPro LCA.

If e85 was more available in my area I’d be going EQT and a much larger turbo.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If I had Unitronic I’d absolutely make the switch, but APR is close enough performance wise and that $500 difference bought my SuperPro LCA.

If e85 was more available in my area I’d be going EQT and a much larger turbo.

And then MPI a LPFP and controller. 😂

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got my passenger seat installed finally...was waiting on the occupancy sensor to come in.
206540E4-ACAB-4CA9-8191-0EE086AE2FBB.jpeg
894AEA29-BC15-4168-A5F7-D11FB970FCEB.jpeg

also took this picture cause the Urano Gray was looking extra Black in today lighting, lol.
AB7CD6CC-EB87-4255-B7E3-ECD5802DCFCA.jpeg

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I bought it!

2019 GTI S - only 8k miles.

Also popped off the clutch pedal spring as soon as I got it home.

Have read a lot and learned a lot prior to bringing her home, which is going to save me a lot of money. I'm coming from the Mazdaspeed3 platform where every mod makes a difference and every change requires a tune so to say it is a breath of fresh air to have a car with a MAP sensor instead of a MAF sensor and an adequate HPFP would be a massive understatement!

Had a Cobb Freektune on the Speed and Justin also tunes VW's so will have a Cobb Freektune on the GTI soon enough. Warranties be damned. Proceeds from the sale of the Speed will turn into wheels, tires, suspension and tint - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_174342_01.jpg
    IMG_20200804_174342_01.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 102

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I bought it!

Have read a lot and learned a lot prior to bringing her home, which is going to save me a lot of money. I'm coming from the Mazdaspeed3 platform where every mod makes a difference and every change requires a tune so to say it is a breath of fresh air to have a car with a MAP sensor instead of a MAF sensor and an adequate HPFP would be a massive understatement!

Had a Cobb Freektune on the Speed and Justin also tunes VW's so will have a Cobb Freektune on the GTI soon enough. Warranties be damned. Proceeds from the sale of the Speed will turn into wheels, tires, suspension and tint - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. It's obvious you have done your homework.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
I bought it!

Modding is a hell of a drug. Welcome.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I bought it exactly 1 year ago today. When I bought it it had 6.6k miles on it, over the last year I nearly put another 6.2k miles on it, so I'm just about to break 12.8k miles. Pretty happy I didn't double my mileage, I've just been liking having low miles. It should be pretty easy to keep it under 20k for this next year.

I haven't gone too crazy with mods either. I did new wheels and a stage 1 tune. Then I pretty much blew up my flywheel so I had an RSR clutch kit and a new flywheel installed. So far that's been the only problem I've had and all the big stuff is out of the way now.

The only other mods I really plan on getting is a eurocode hatch brace and a superpro rsb. I might upgrade the sub in the fender set up one day, and I'd like to have a spare tire I just don't want to spend $300 on the kit.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Picked up a set of Audi Q5 wheels and a set of Wolfsburg center caps...

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R