GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Did two logs before I move to the E30 tune (as soon as it comes in and my 12V issue is resolved I guess).
100+ degree(f, 38c) ambient, Stage 1 91 tune, running ~E19 (to counteract that ACN91), R7437-8 plugs, Majesty twincooler (the big one), open intake.

Logs were preceded by 3 hours of driving/idling for work, didn't have enough empty road to get the IATs down before the run so started with them a bit high, I could have gotten them down to 3-5 over ambient if I tried, but still decent.

https://datazap.me/u/kmarriner/august-7-2020-1?log=0&data=1-8-15-19-20-22-26-27-28-29

https://datazap.me/u/kmarriner/august-7-2020-2?log=0&data=1-8-15-19-20-22-26-27-28-29

If you have seen my previous logs (pre- IC/Plugs/E19) then you'll know how much of an improvement this is; I have no retested to see if I get the underboost issue again but Ed said the E30 tune has that issue fixed. Excited for E30, if they can solve my 12V issues.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did two logs before I move to the E30 tune (as soon as it comes in and my 12V issue is resolved I guess).
100+ degree(f, 38c) ambient, Stage 1 91 tune, running ~E19 (to counteract that ACN91), R7437-8 plugs, Majesty twincooler (the big one), open intake.

Logs were preceded by 3 hours of driving/idling for work, didn't have enough empty road to get the IATs down before the run so started with them a bit high, I could have gotten them down to 3-5 over ambient if I tried, but still decent.

https://datazap.me/u/kmarriner/august-7-2020-1?log=0&data=1-8-15-19-20-22-26-27-28-29

https://datazap.me/u/kmarriner/august-7-2020-2?log=0&data=1-8-15-19-20-22-26-27-28-29

If you have seen my previous logs (pre- IC/Plugs/E19) then you'll know how much of an improvement this is; I have no retested to see if I get the underboost issue again but Ed said the E30 tune has that issue fixed. Excited for E30, if they can solve my 12V issues.

What work do you use your car for?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
What work do you use your car for?

I deliver medications to nursing homes for a commercial pharmacy. I pick up the meds in Tempe/Chandler and deliver to Peoria/Sun City/Sun City West/Surprise. Comes out to about 125 miles 3 days a week.
But it involves 11-15 stops where the car is either off or idling for 2-20 minutes at a time, makes for some pretty large heat soak; sometimes I get back in and IATs are 170+.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I deliver medications to nursing homes for a commercial pharmacy. I pick up the meds in Tempe/Chandler and deliver to Peoria/Sun City/Sun City West/Surprise. Comes out to about 125 miles 3 days a week.
But it involves 11-15 stops where the car is either off or idling for 2-20 minutes at a time, makes for some pretty large heat soak; sometimes I get back in and IATs are 170+.

Exact same thing as I do. But I'm a contractor and get paid by the delivery. The only time I leave my car running is when I make a residential delivery. I don't leave the car running if it's a facility that will take longer. I cover the exact same area.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Exact same thing as I do. But I'm a contractor and get paid by the delivery. The only time I leave my car running is when I make a residential delivery. I don't leave the car running if it's a facility that will take longer.

I get paid by delivery too. We might work for different companies because I don't know any other GTIs at my pharmacy, does your company pay more? Lol.

I usually turn mine off but right now I'm having that 12v issue and I don't want to have any problems when I am all the way up there (not that I have yet), and it shuts off the interior lights which makes reading the manifests harder.
Of course right now we aren't going into facilities which is sometimes quicker and sometimes slower as you probably know.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I get paid by delivery too. We might work for different companies because I don't know any other GTIs at my pharmacy, does your company pay more? Lol.

I usually turn mine off but right now I'm having that 12v issue and I don't want to have any problems when I am all the way up there (not that I have yet), and it shuts off the interior lights which makes reading the manifests harder.
Of course right now we aren't going into facilities which is sometimes quicker and sometimes slower as you probably know.

No unfortunately my pharmacy isn't hiring any more contract drivers. I'm very lucky to have this contract. I drive a lot more miles than you, 200 per day, but I have a lot more deliveries. About 37 per day. I only deliver to hospice patients but the pharmacy does have a side of it that delivers just to facilities. They contract that out to a company called Wild West. I don't know if Wild West is in need of any drivers but I can tell you that they make decent money. If you can't find their number by searching I'll get a number for them and send it to you in a PM. I won't be able to get it until Tuesday.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
No unfortunately my pharmacy isn't hiring any more contract drivers. I'm very lucky to have this contract. I drive a lot more miles than you, 200 per day, but I have a lot more deliveries. About 37 per day. I only deliver to hospice patients but the pharmacy does have a side of it that delivers just to facilities. They contract that out to a company called Wild West. I don't know if Wild West is in need of any drivers but I can tell you that they make decent money. If you can't find their number by searching I'll get a number for them and send it to you in a PM. I won't be able to get it until Tuesday.
That's a pretty good gig, I work for Peak/Henry/Omnicare, for me it's just a part time job, I have a full time 8-5 M-F in the bike industry. And I deliver from 6:30-~10:30pm 3 days a week. But I am always up for more money.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's a pretty good gig, I work for Peak/Henry/Omnicare, for me it's just a part time job, I have a full time 8-5 M-F in the bike industry. And I deliver from 6:30-~10:30pm 3 days a week. But I am always up for more money.

I'm very familiar with Peak and Henry. They don't pay much. My pharmacy fired them.

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
So I said I'd give further impressions after a bit more seat time for you 2019 GTI guys. I don't get into the data logging like some of y'all do. Your knoweledge is impressive. I daily drive it and judge solely by the seat of my pants feels.

Background. I owned a 2015 GTI with Eurodyne ECU and TCU tunes. Loved how the car drove. Totalled it. Whoops.

Jump forward to 2019 GTI replacement car. Purchased IE ECU and TCU tunes. Didn't love the way the car drove. This isn't a knock towards IE. It just had a strange power delivery/curve and the DSG tune felt extremely minimal. So I hit Ed up. This is way where it sits now.....

Obviously, the E30 tune puts down a significant bump in power over the 91 octane tune, but the power builds early and just pulls throughout the RPM range. I believe the earlier power delivery can be attributed to the DSG tune. The DSG tune is brilliant so far. The car is a joy to drive again. Response is quick from a standstill and it willingly kicks down a couple gears with a slight stab at the throttle. Much more driveable. The 7spd DSG felt softer than the 6 speed. More refined and tamer which is probably better for your everyday Joe just driving the car around. The shifts are much crisper now. In manual mode, they snap off immediately whereas before there was a noticeable delay between paddle pull and shift. Drive is still very tame around town, but much more responsive with throttle inputs. Sport is a completely different car altogether when comparing the two tunes.

Having driven two MKVII GTI's on 3 different tunes, you can't go wrong with what Ed is doing. This car makes me smile like my 2015 did.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
So I said I'd give further impressions after a bit more seat time for you 2019 GTI guys. I don't get into the data logging like some of y'all do. Your knoweledge is impressive. I daily drive it and judge solely by the seat of my pants feels.

Background. I owned a 2015 GTI with Eurodyne ECU and TCU tunes. Loved how the car drove. Totalled it. Whoops.

Jump forward to 2019 GTI replacement car. Purchased IE ECU and TCU tunes. Didn't love the way the car drove. This isn't a knock towards IE. It just had a strange power delivery/curve and the DSG tune felt extremely minimal. So I hit Ed up. This is way where it sits now.....

Obviously, the E30 tune puts down a significant bump in power over the 91 octane tune, but the power builds early and just pulls throughout the RPM range. I believe the earlier power delivery can be attributed to the DSG tune. The DSG tune is brilliant so far. The car is a joy to drive again. Response is quick from a standstill and it willingly kicks down a couple gears with a slight stab at the throttle. Much more driveable. The 7spd DSG felt softer than the 6 speed. More refined and tamer which is probably better for your everyday Joe just driving the car around. The shifts are much crisper now. In manual mode, they snap off immediately whereas before there was a noticeable delay between paddle pull and shift. Drive is still very tame around town, but much more responsive with throttle inputs. Sport is a completely different car altogether when comparing the two tunes.

Having driven two MKVII GTI's on 3 different tunes, you can't go wrong with what Ed is doing. This car makes me smile like my 2015 did.
Thanks for the update man. I really appreciate you giving us a review and letting him use your car for the tuning of the 7spd DSG tune. I've been waiting to tune my car till I had both of them (ECU and TCU) and I can't fucking wait till they release it.

Did you get any burbles in your tune?

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update man. I really appreciate you giving us a review and letting him use your car for the tuning of the 7spd DSG tune. I've been waiting to tune my car till I had both of them (ECU and TCU) and I can't fucking wait till they release it.

Did you get any burbles in your tune?

No burbles. Not really my style, but to each their own.

I still haven't put many miles on it, but as it has adapted, it just keeps getting smoother and better.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
If you are going yo be logging EQT, I recommend using the EQT variable presets. They are on the EQT site.

Just looking at boost without knowing the target is pointless.

agreed this was my first time logging with cobb when I opened up my logs I noticed there was missing information and another forum member was telling me how to add in certain things to log. Figured when you press log it worked like the jb4 and grabbed everything.