GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I had this...emailed Ed...he said just unplug it. Normal

Yep I talked to one of Ed’s employees last night he said the same thing I have a 02 spacer on my dp and I was thinking I was gonna need to uninstall it last night

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Stage 2 tunes don't disable any emissions monitors or DTCs, so flashing back to stock tune to pass emissions does nothing. You will have P0420 and not pass the emissions readiness test. You will have to use a spacer or similar to 'trick' it.

They used to...until everyone got cold feet and fines lol. Bring back open source tuning. Issue used to be on the buyer for using "off road" designated stuff.

1596733694584.jpeg

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
maybe a mysterious "3rd party" application will be "leaked" to disable such things...lol

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Stage 2 tunes don't disable any emissions monitors or DTCs, so flashing back to stock tune to pass emissions does nothing. You will have P0420 and not pass the emissions readiness test. You will have to use a spacer or similar to 'trick' it.

whoa man! times have changed!! every tune ive had for the last decade disabled that cat CEL light for me...

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
whoa man! times have changed!! every tune ive had for the last decade disabled that cat CEL light for me...

The CEL light is disabled but you still have the the p0420 code just the CEL light won't light up. Same when unplugging the rear O2. You'll still have the code int he back ground but the CEL light won't be on if the tune has been adjusted to not light up for that code.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
so unplugging it will solve the CEL? Or you will then have a new CEL for unplugged O2? serious question.
Vibrant J style spacer FTW.
The CEL light is disabled but you still have the the p0420 code just the CEL light won't light up. Same when unplugging the rear O2. You'll still have the code int he back ground but the CEL light won't be on if the tune has been adjusted to not light up for that code.

This is true. CEL light will be off, but code is still lurking and just needs to be cleared out. Oh and I am running a vibrant spacer - didn't help me.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'm running an Ultimate Racing downpipe, its been killer for 2 years. Never had a CEL on my Unitronic for over 2 years, but maybe they blocked the light for me.. Now I'm on Cobb and installing my EQT maps TONIGHT....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Have you tried the 42 DD spacer? I've been using that one for years now without any issues.
Drew...nope....not yet. Had it on my old MK4 GLI and like the quality, but haven't bought one yet.....priorities right? As long as I don't see my old friend on the dash, I'm good lol

sidenote...anyone else think 2013R's pic looks like something from Beastie Boys?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'm running an Ultimate Racing downpipe, its been killer for 2 years. Never had a CEL on my Unitronic for over 2 years, but maybe they blocked the light for me.. Now I'm on Cobb and installing my EQT maps TONIGHT....

DP has nothing to do with the CEL in your case. Unitronic clears the CEL from your dash. So will EQT. P036 code for disconnected O2 sensor will remain.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
DP has nothing to do with the CEL in your case. Unitronic clears the CEL from your dash. So will EQT. P036 code for disconnected O2 sensor will remain.

oh but the cobb OTS map doesnt clear the CEL from the dash?