GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Can't say enough about sportshifters.com. You can customize pretty much everything and Roy was super helpful in helping me make my choice. Here is a pic that Roy took before he sent it out to me.
Looks nice how did you get in contact with him to get a preview pic?

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Just talked to Roy he said he will take a picture before he ships out next week for me. 😁😁

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
So my sport shifter finally came in today after being lost for a week or two.

The install was quite the process as the instructions the QR code on the box brings you to the manual knob installation. It’s also just pictures nothing more. The DSG knob install is similar but has quite a few extra steps. It would’ve been helpful if there were better and more detailed instructions. I had to use a combination of the BFI install and some problem solving on my own. Eventually figured it out.

The knob itself is very high quality as is the adapter but I found the set screws for the dsg lever adapter to be quite cheap and they stripped almost immediately. Granted Roy did send extras in the box, they stripped easily also. I contacted Roy about possibly sending me more or just giving me the sizing so I can order them here vs waiting for shipping from the Netherlands. Just waiting on his reply.

TLDR; Sport shifter dsg knob came in, knob is very high quality, set screws are not. Overall pretty pleased with the purchase.

it sure is pretty tho...excuse the dusty ass interior
FC631214-F1F2-4FAA-9777-93E6CE82AF33.jpeg8854B0A6-F770-4915-B907-AC6F12F39AC5.jpegC06D89C6-AEC8-40C8-A46C-BCDC132C9372.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So my sport shifter finally came in today after being lost for a week or two.

The install was quite the process as the instructions the QR code on the box brings you to the manual knob installation. It’s also just pictures nothing more. The DSG knob install is similar but has quite a few extra steps. It would’ve been helpful if there were better and more detailed instructions. I had to use a combination of the BFI install and some problem solving on my own. Eventually figured it out.

The knob itself is very high quality as is the adapter but I found the set screws for the dsg lever adapter to be quite cheap and they stripped almost immediately. Granted Roy did send extras in the box, they stripped easily also. I contacted Roy about possibly sending me more or just giving me the sizing so I can order them here vs waiting for shipping from the Netherlands. Just waiting on his reply.

TLDR; Sport shifter dsg knob came in, knob is very high quality, set screws are not. Overall pretty pleased with the purchase.

it sure is pretty tho...excuse the dusty ass interior
View attachment 181611View attachment 181612View attachment 181613
You don’t have any pictures of the mounting and the Set screws In Question? I’d like to see if they differ from the manuals and what exact was striping out, as they car quite small in nature.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
You don’t have any pictures of the mounting and the Set screws In Question? I’d like to see if they differ from the manuals and what exact was striping out, as they car quite small in nature.
I’ll get you pics of the set screws tomorrow morning, I put it in my storage locker after installing and I’m too lazy to retrieve it at the moment. But Roy did reply promptly and sent me a link to the directions which helped smooth out my action some and assured me it would be fine but I want to order replacement set screws just for peace of mind.

here is the install link for anyone that needs to install in the future.

In the install link you can see the 8 small set screws for the trigger adapter. 2/3 of those stripped for me.

Sport Shifter DSG install

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Oh wow, that's a mess. Not really SportShifter's solution, just the thing with all the screws. Not surprised those stripped. Hopefully you loctited those suckers.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Here are the set screws in question. They are for the trigger adapter and are tiny and not big and beefy like the actual shift knob adapter set screws. Roy is getting me squared away but he assured me that the screws are the strongest part on the whole knob and the threads should strip before the screw does, but my screws are def stripped...idk maybe I just got a bad batch of set screws.

Oh wow, that's a mess. Not really SportShifter's solution, just the thing with all the screws. Not surprised those stripped. Hopefully you loctited those suckers.

Loctite is ordered! Haha Yea, if it wasn’t for the 2/3 screws that stripped on me, the whole assembly itself feels very high quality, it’s a very smooth action and has a nice weight to it when you lift to engage gears or park. Overall I really like the knob just a little disappointed with the screws. But Owell is what it is.
6EFE570E-8D81-4C0A-9B29-976B91D5A6D8.jpegC6B0C099-1708-4D35-A168-3D7A5B9AC71F.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Looks great, hope you get it soon. I laughed when I ordered something from Italy on Monday and got it this Thursday. Something else in the mail from France now.

cnace2

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok im close to pulling the trigger on a sportshifters knob. Thinking of doing a GT2 CF, all black, with the wolfsburg crest as the coin. Is that too tacky or ricey?

Thanks!

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Ok im close to pulling the trigger on a sportshifters knob. Thinking of doing a GT2 CF, all black, with the wolfsburg crest as the coin. Is that too tacky or ricey?

Thanks!

It’s your car man! Try to find a knob that looks familiar to the one you like that’s how I choose mine while going customs