GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'll still be ugly but my ass won't stank

Phur

Autocross Champion
Looks sooo good.

Have you thought about an exhaust, or at least some bigger exhaust tips (welded on) to fill up the rear valance?
Extensively. The one that I’ve been leaning toward the most lately is the XForce exhaust with smart box. I feel like that would fit the kind of versatility that I want from the car the most. If I do exhaust, I can’t see not doing the downpipe at the same time though.

Unfortunately, I have developed a warped rotor, possibly from a sticking caliper (I replaced rotors and pads Fall 2018), so brakes are on the docket. I’ve been wondering about an MK7 PP brake swap if any of you have any thoughts on the subject. Also, my headliner is starting to come loose, so I’m looking at recovering that in alcantara.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately, I have developed a warped rotor, possibly from a sticking caliper (I replaced rotors and pads Fall 2018), so brakes are on the docket. I’ve been wondering about an MK7 PP brake swap if any of you have any thoughts on the subject. Also, my headliner is starting to come loose, so I’m looking at recovering that in alcantara.

I thought the mk7 pp is the same as mk6 golf R. I was thinking alcantara headliner, but wondering if it will look silly w/out the pillars done. Or if the color doesn't match. :unsure:

Phur

Autocross Champion
I thought the mk7 pp is the same as mk6 golf R. I was thinking alcantara headliner, but wondering if it will look silly w/out the pillars done. Or if the color doesn't match. :unsure:
Yeah, I was planning on doing the pillars too.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Same size rotors, I know. They would already be red and emblazoned with the GTI logo, though. Also, I figured I might be able to get them for not too much from people unloading them because they are upgrading. Plus, they should be lower miles.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Ugh. I have seen 3 gtis and a white golf r today that all look awesome. I need to work more on mine...

Phur

Autocross Champion
That’s one of the ones that I’m watching. I still need to discuss with lady phur as well.