GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Continental DWS06 Reviews

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I would like to see some reviews of the subject tire from those that actually ran it on their cars. How good is it in terms of grip for spirited driving and canyon runs? How soft are the sidewalls? How long can it be expected to last?
How does it stack up against Indy 500 and MPS4S?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I've had the dw06s bought them new in june one yr by nov the same yr they were down to 5 and 4 32nds... Great tire but the rubber compound is to soft imo. I've had probably 5 different sets of Indy 500s thats all that I run on my car now. I love them. Pricing for the Contis are alright not great but a great tire overall. I mainly stick to Indy 500s because of Pricing.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I've had the dw06s bought them new in june one yr by nov the same yr they were down to 5 and 4 32nds... Great tire but the rubber compound is to soft imo. I've had probably 5 different sets of Indy 500s thats all that I run on my car now. I love them. Pricing for the Contis are alright not great but a great tire overall. I mainly stick to Indy 500s because of Pricing.

Thanks.

So they don't seemmto last unless you are an esay going driver?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Thanks.

So they don't seemmto last unless you are an esay going driver?
Yea if you baby them they will most likely last longer then they did for me but if you have a lead foot at times like me they wont last your very long.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I put them on my '16 R when the stock Pirellis wore out. I'm at altitude and get snow a few times a year and really need an all-season tire. In the dry, they were indistuishable from the Pirellis. In the wet and light snow, they were great. I will probably buy them again on my '91 R when the time comes.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have a set on my Alltrack. They have been great in northeast winters. I also use these tires to do mountain runs with a local VW group. My suspension is probably more of a limiting factor than the tires. I don't have a problem keeping up with GTIs and Rs on the tight mountain course. I'm sure 4Motion helps a lot though.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
They've been on my GTI since I replaced the stock Pirellis at 4,800 miles (currently @ 45,000 miles). It's important to note that I don't drive my GTI gingerly. I am planning to replace them during my next oil change (50,000 miles). They've held up well (NYC potholes/commuting), have been great in inclement weather (snow/rain) and they'll likely be replaced with the exact same tire.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I had and have DWS06 on both my GTIs. They offer great overall balance between dry / wet / snow driving conditions. I do sprinted driving once in a while and it fairs pretty good. I personally feel they have softer sidewall when compared to stock tires and it could be little stiffer. Again this might be a plus for some as it brings in a plushy ride.

mulligan

Car(s)
2017 Golf Sportwagen
For me soft sidewall but not floppy like a touring tire, great grip, great all weather traction, aweful tire noise on less than perfect pavement.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Since I live in SoCal, I don't need goid wet or snow performance. Is DWS06 closer to an all season? I was under the impression it's a summer tire.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Since I live in SoCal, I don't need goid wet or snow performance. Is DWS06 closer to an all season? I was under the impression it's a summer tire.

It is not a summer tire. It's a high performance all season.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

If you're looking for a (ultra) high performance summer tire, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. A bunch of people use this tire on this board/in this community and think very highly of it.

You can also check Tirerack ratings to find top contenders in each class and do your own research if you don't want to trust a single source.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you're looking for a (ultra) high performance summer tire, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. A bunch of people use this tire on this board/in this community and think very highly of it.

You can also check Tirerack ratings to find top contenders in each class and do your own research if you don't want to trust a single source.

The 500s will run me about $100 less than PS4S *including installation, etc.). At that rate PS4S would make more sense, but I'm wondering if there's something in the lower priceveange than either one of them with similar properties.