VW mk7 Gti
This is usually what I use in the fall.

Attachments

• 10DAF426-4633-4A50-B9C9-A73C5AC7CFF1.jpeg
    10DAF426-4633-4A50-B9C9-A73C5AC7CFF1.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 87

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
What I'm using; Penzoil Euro 5w40. With Motorkote to top it off.
You may want to read this. It's not propaganda. It's been up for 10 years and not even questioned by those additive makers. https://thebestsyntheticoil.com/pdf/TSB MO-2010-04-01_chlorine_oil_treatments.pdf
When your motor oil needs changing, it's due, mostly, to low tbn because it can no longer protect from acid corrosion. Dilution and particulates are others but TBN tends to be the killer most look for. You instantly threaten that with a chlorinated product like MotorKote, especially with turbo temps.

If you need something extra for this engine due to noise etc, try something else. I'm sure you can get a decent recommendation for a ceramic or moly add here.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You may want to read this. It's not propaganda. It's been up for 10 years and not even questioned by those additive makers. https://thebestsyntheticoil.com/pdf/TSB MO-2010-04-01_chlorine_oil_treatments.pdf
When your motor oil needs changing, it's due, mostly, to low tbn because it can no longer protect from acid corrosion. Dilution and particulates are others but TBN tends to be the killer most look for. You instantly threaten that with a chlorinated product like MotorKote.

If you need something extra for this engine due to noise etc, try something else. I'm sure you can get a decent recommendation for a ceramic or moly add here.

Here's the best one IMO.

https://www.cermastore.com/engine-treatment-gas-and-diesel-autos.html

ex Porsche951

My 2014 Gti Golf is using 1ltr of oil per 1000kms. Lotsa soot in exhaust tail pipes.
No blue smoke on hard acceleration. (A Black cloud, briefly, when I do that after periods of 50-60 km/h town driving)
Fuel consumption averages around 5ltr/100kms.
Car is a dream to drive - no rattles,squeaks,groans or other 'bad' noises. Goes like a rocket. No oil leaks or weeping anywhere.
Have written to VW for an explanation/advice re this rate of oil consumption. Have a "Case number" from Customer Care at HQ and am waiting their "Official" advice.
Have replaced a torn/aged/sooty PCV diaphragm, which didn't fix the issue.
Love the car but much resent the need to pour 10litres of expensive synthetic oil into it, between oil changes.
Engine has done 155k kms with Main Dealer services since new.
Planning to fill with 10w40 or 20w50 API SN/CF spec at my next oil-change because I believe (VW recommended) low viscosity synthetic oil is overkill in the sub-tropical climate here. (I disable the stop/start system - don't like it)
Ran my '88 Porsche 944 Turbo for 18 years on 20w50 API SL with no problems.
Anybody out there have similar thoughts/experience?

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
My 2014 Gti Golf is using 1ltr of oil per 1000kms. Lotsa soot in exhaust tail pipes.
No blue smoke on hard acceleration. (A Black cloud, briefly, when I do that after periods of 50-60 km/h town driving)
Fuel consumption averages around 5ltr/100kms.
Car is a dream to drive - no rattles,squeaks,groans or other 'bad' noises. Goes like a rocket. No oil leaks or weeping anywhere.
Have written to VW for an explanation/advice re this rate of oil consumption. Have a "Case number" from Customer Care at HQ and am waiting their "Official" advice.
Have replaced a torn/aged/sooty PCV diaphragm, which didn't fix the issue.
Love the car but much resent the need to pour 10litres of expensive synthetic oil into it, between oil changes.
Engine has done 155k kms with Main Dealer services since new.
Planning to fill with 10w40 or 20w50 API SN/CF spec at my next oil-change because I believe (VW recommended) low viscosity synthetic oil is overkill in the sub-tropical climate here. (I disable the stop/start system - don't like it)
Ran my '88 Porsche 944 Turbo for 18 years on 20w50 API SL with no problems.
Anybody out there have similar thoughts/experience?
Did you say 10 liters of oil between changes!? That had to be a typo right?