Attachments

• 20200801_193741.jpg
    20200801_193741.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 450

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I think White Silver is one of the coolest rare colors that you can't really get tired of. I would have definitely picked it over Reflex Silver if it had been available.
Now that's just crazy talk. If Reflex had been available on the Mk7.5, I wouldn't have hesitated to get it again when my Mk7 was totaled.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Now that's just crazy talk. If Reflex had been available on the Mk7.5, I wouldn't have hesitated to get it again when my Mk7 was totaled.
Same, it's the colour I wanted but found out it had been discontinued. Think it would've looked nice on the facelift.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'll be curious what we get on the Mk8 GTI and R. The Golf is offered in this shade, Moonstone, and while I dislike most greys, both this and Uruno have been colors I'd buy instantly. The Mk8 Golf is also offered in Reflex Silver, so I'm hoping it might make it to the Mk8 GTI too.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
White looks great for about 5 minutes after cleaning, after that unless you are prepared to clean it several times per week your car will look dirty. I am about to let go of a white car after three years of ownership and I wouldn't go back, I only did 5000 miles in the last year and it's still difficult to keep clean.

My other car is a Black A3 and that is arguably just as bad. I think the advantage with silver is that the dirt is less noticeable. However I recently saw the 'White Silver' on a TSI Estate in my dealers and it is a very unique colour, not to everyones taste. I would say it is a 'marmite' colour in that some people will love it, others will hate it. Its more of a very light pearlescent blue in some angles, I thought it looked outstanding but another guy viewing the car at the same time hated it..

I would 100% recommend you view the White Silver before ordering if possible.

I used to think the same thing until I bought my first white car, a2017 se. They must have put some treatment on it at the dealer, because I have never really washed this car in 8 months and it always looks good, except the wheels which require weekly cleaning. I do spray it off at the diy wash on occasion, but have never taken a sponge to it and it shines like crazy and dirt really doesnt show that much

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'll be curious what we get on the Mk8 GTI and R. The Golf is offered in this shade, Moonstone, and while I dislike most greys, both this and Uruno have been colors I'd buy instantly. The Mk8 Golf is also offered in Reflex Silver, so I'm hoping it might make it to the Mk8 GTI too.

I'm liking those wheels too.

Mike79

Car(s)
2020 VW Golf GTI
I just traded a pure white for white silver and couldn’t be happier. The DG springs and Pretoria’s help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JMasse, would you mind letting me know which wheels you have exactly? I’m considering the same but I want to get it right, spending so much money.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^
Those wheels are called Pretoria. It says it in his post but if you're not familiar with VW's silly wheel nomenclature it's easy to look past it.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Beauty, can I get wheel brand/size as well as tire size and if you did any susp work? Really nice whip and black wheels look sweet on WSM
Wheels are discontinued now I believe, Advanti Storm S1 17x9 +45, tires were Falken FK510's in 245/40R17. VWR springs on Koni Yellow Sport.

Switched to Eibach Pro-Kit springs and 245/45R17 PS4S tires this past summer.