GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
^ Is that a black light? Developing films in the garage?

My son gave me a roll of LED's he wasn't using so I (had too much time on my hands again) wired it up ... it has all sorts of different colors.

I like this one.. looks like fire.

1594317596940.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Speaking of wiring things up, I had this 20+yr old 400w (?) Energy active subwoofer so wired it up to my small Sony component stereo in the garage. Sounds 10x better now. Very pleased with 10x improvement in sound at zero cost. I spend a great deal of time in the garage so it was a pleasant surprise when I found it in my basement storage. I completely forgot I even had the thing.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I was thinking about painting my garage (it has cinderblocks now) no drywall, but I think maybe just adding studs and doing drywall is gonna be the nicer look. I have actually been pretty busy work wise during the covid since its all computer work so its hard on the weekends to find time to do stuff. I also don't have the experience of hanging drywall and doing wiring and all that jazz but I guess I gotta learn sometime.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I need to get an updated photo, but here's the new garage in western PA after 8+ years of street parking in SoCal. Wifey's forester stays in the driveway.

Yes, I have an affinity for old japanese steel.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I need to get an updated photo, but here's the new garage in western PA after 8+ years of street parking in SoCal. Wifey's forester stays in the driveway.

Yes, I have an affinity for old japanese steel.

Your flag is hung backwards, stars go on the upper left hung vertically

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I was thinking about painting my garage (it has cinderblocks now) no drywall, but I think maybe just adding studs and doing drywall is gonna be the nicer look. I have actually been pretty busy work wise during the covid since its all computer work so its hard on the weekends to find time to do stuff. I also don't have the experience of hanging drywall and doing wiring and all that jazz but I guess I gotta learn sometime.

Depending on how wide your garage is sometimes it's better to just paint the cinderblocks and go without drywall. You will save a good 4.5 - 5" per wall and that's pretty significant width.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Depending on how wide your garage is sometimes it's better to just paint the cinderblocks and go without drywall. You will save a good 4.5 - 5" per wall and that's pretty significant width.

And use a good sealer first on the cinder blocks or it will take multiple coats of paint.

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Finally got some shelves and a VW flag up in the garage. I think it's coming along nicely! Still wish I could paint the walls..

garage.jpg

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Finally got some shelves and a VW flag up in the garage. I think it's coming along nicely! Still wish I could paint the walls..

View attachment 179262

Just paint them. Seriously, the landlord is never going to notice, and they certainly aren't going to charge you more for painting the walls when you eventually leave.

I did a bunch of small stuff to the condo I was renting years ago. Dimmer switches, ceiling fans, paint, better garbage disposal, etc, . Property management company didn't even notice at the final walk through.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, I'd just paint the walls too.. That steep incline at the entry point is a bit concerning though if you plan on owning any low riding cars. Might scrape the front and middle of the car.. and maybe even your lower hung muffler if backed in/out.