GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Just got the car back, real surprised with this VW dealer I decided to try out. After fixing some suspension wobble that I thought was just bad hubcentric rings after new wheels, they also took care of the coolant leak and did a great job cleaning the car.

6947B1DB-8505-450B-803C-F4512F2CF708.jpeg

5697703D-E77E-48E0-A91F-8ADF45FDCB69.jpeg

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
Well after staring at an interm CEL for the past year and a half(yeah I know) I finally gave in and replaced my perfectly good radiator just to replace that stupid fucking g611 sensor thats on it that failed. Should have been covered under the PVEZ warranty but bc I have an APR intercooler they wouldnt cover it since an intercooler that was on the car for over a year obviously caused what is nothing more than an anti-tamper sensor with a temp probe on it to go bad:unsure:. Dearlership quoted me $1100 to do the job, and when I laughed at that he assured me I wouldnt be able to get it done much cheaper bc the parts are expensive. My total cost.. $265. gotta love stealerships..

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Well after staring at an interm CEL for the past year and a half(yeah I know) I finally gave in and replaced my perfectly good radiator just to replace that stupid fucking g611 sensor thats on it that failed. Should have been covered under the PVEZ warranty but bc I have an APR intercooler they wouldnt cover it since an intercooler that was on the car for over a year obviously caused what is nothing more than an anti-tamper sensor with a temp probe on it to go bad:unsure:. Dearlership quoted me $1100 to do the job, and when I laughed at that he assured me I wouldnt be able to get it done much cheaper bc the parts are expensive. My total cost.. $265. gotta love stealerships..
Sucks but glad you got it done. I had a similar experience at the dealer. After telling them exactly what is done to the car, including FMIC, they told me they should be able to get it covered under PZEV warranty. I authorize their initial service charge (~$150) and leave the car with them for the day. They call me back and tell me they can't warranty the sensor because my FMIC is disturbing the flow of air and probably caused the radiator/sensor to malfunction :unsure:. I politely explain that this is a known issue with the sensor failing and has nothing to do with any other hardware. They were having none of it. Which I understand because this issue is above their level. But.....they were going to keep the initial service charge despite me being very clear about my modifications. Long story short, they eventually returned my car and my money. That was the last time this car will ever go to a dealership.

I eventually had Stratified Tuning turn off the U102F and U1030 via my tune. Been CEL free for awhile now and it feels great after months and months of staring at that thing.

Last edited:

mystikalous

Ready to race!
Sucks but glad you got it done. I had a similar experience at the dealer. After telling them exactly what is done to the car, including FMIC, they told me they should be able to get it covered under PZEV warranty. I authorize their initial service charge (~$150) and leave the car with them for the day. They call me back and tell me they can't warranty the sensor because my FMIC is disturbing the flow of air and probably caused the radiator/sensor to malfunction :unsure:. I politely explain that this is a known issue with the sensor failing and has nothing to do with any other hardware. They were having none of it. Which I understand because this issue is above their level. But.....they were going to keep the initial service charge despite me being very clear about my modifications. Long story short, they eventually returned my car and my money. That was the last time this car will ever go to a dealership.

I eventually had Stratified Tuning turn off the U102F and U1030 via my tune. Been CEL free for awhile now and it feels great after months and months of staring at that thing.

I saw this video and i replaced mine myself for $65 (cost of mercedes part) it was pretty easy overall. just gotta take out the bumper and crash bar and you're set.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Got my hitch installed, for the sole purpose of adding a hitch bike rack. The Draw-tite 24904 is super low profile, bolt on (no drilling), and won't scrape. Got a Swagman Chinook rack for 2 bikes which tilts out of the way to allow hatch access. Bikes lock to the rack, rack locks to the hitch. Super happy with the whole set up.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
oh! forgot to mention...I also brought home a new friend for my MK6 GTI....a MK7.5 2020 GTI which is actually my wife's. Her sister also just got a 2017 GTI, so now we can start our own club.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Haha! I've been driving for 20 years and every vehicle I've owned has been a manual. I taught my wife how to drive stick on my '03 golf and now she refuses to buy anything that isn't a manual transmission.