GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Protection

The Raven

MK7 Golf R owners...what are you using for protection?

I'm talking floor and trunk protection...

My '15 R came with standard black carpet mats. Considering purchasing the VW Monster Mats, but they don't appear to have a "R" logo - which would be nice. I like rubber :)

Also considering upgrading the carpet cargo mat to a rubber type. Does the VW Muddy Buddy trunk mat for the GTI fit in the R?

Considered WeatherTech's cargo liner, but it specifically says it doesn't fit in the Golf R model:

http://www.weathertech.com/volkswagen/2015/golf-gti-rabbit-r32/

What are you guys using for protection - inside and out?

Gonrcng

Passed Driver's Ed
MK7 Golf R owners...what are you using for protection?

I'm talking floor and trunk protection...

My '15 R came with standard black carpet mats. Considering purchasing the VW Monster Mats, but they don't appear to have a "R" logo - which would be nice. I like rubber :)

Also considering upgrading the carpet cargo mat to a rubber type. Does the VW Muddy Buddy trunk mat for the GTI fit in the R?

Considered WeatherTech's cargo liner, but it specifically says it doesn't fit in the Golf R model:

http://www.weathertech.com/volkswagen/2015/golf-gti-rabbit-r32/

What are you guys using for protection - inside and out?

I got WeatherTech for my 15 R. I will never buy another mat again. Well worth the money. Hopefully they have the rear cargo available soon

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
i've had monster mats on all my vw cars. i just broke down and bought the plain "golf" monster mats about a week ago. they feel great, and you really don't notice the logo. that being said, as soon as they finally roll out an R monster mat, i'll probably buy them.

Gonrcng

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you get the Digital Fit or the All-Weather from WeatherTech?
Mind sharing a photo or two? Curious how they fit/look.

Digital fit. They fit like a glove. I drive a company car during the week and the VW is my weekend toy so it gets stored in a garage during the week. I will grab a pic or two this weekend and post them up.

Golf RRR

While I do love the WeatherTech mats, I feel they're kind of overkill for nice weather months.

I'm kind of baffled that Monster Mats hasn't released a Mk VII Golf R mat yet. Seems like an oversight.
I seem to recall someone on VWvortex using Mk VI R mats w/ some limited success. (Didn't fit perfect, but wasn't bad)

bjhurd72

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf GTI
just bought a 2019 GTI, had them add monster mats and the cargo mat... the cargo mat they gave us is Muddy Buddy... it doesn't fit at all... is that how it is or did they give us the wrong version?

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I've always gotten the WeatherTech for all my cars before but am using the rubber R mats that came with the car as they seem to be fine. Rear area is just the bare carpet so they work with the VW cargo retainers that also came with the car. A WeatherTech mat in the back would be too slippery.

I DID get the WeatherTech cargo blocks to supplement the CarGo blocks but they don't have Velcro-like pads so they are too slippery on the carpet. So that's a mixed bag.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
https://www.travall.com/travallliner-tbm1094-html.html

I have this for the trunk, its fantastic...The lip is perfect to hold liquid if it spills, but its not too tall like other aftermarket ones like weathertech, which end up bending and loosing their shape.... The material is rubberized and feels very high quality, its really nice, zero smell.... actually holds things.... unlike... others... which use hard plastic that has things just slide around.....

For the rest of the car, monster mats is the way to go, they clean up really nice and take abuse well.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I have the Maxpider floor mats and Travall trunk mat. Both are awesome, the floor liners are tight, don't fall inward like the
Weathertechs and they DO NOT MOVE. The Travall is nice as well, sticky rubber so things don't slide around much. Very happy.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I agree that the factory floor mats on the Golf-R is meh.. I run WeatherTechs for the interior and since I don't use the car as a daily driver, I use the factory option trunk liner the car came with.

The trick to cleaning WeatherTechs is to wash it with soap and water, then while still damp spray Aerospace 303 liberally 50:50 diluted with water and allow to air dry in the sun. It will be slick for a day or two, but not like ArmorAll. It will dry matte.