GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PowerDemon’s '15 MK7

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I highly recommend getting the Pag Parts 525 pump instead of the PR 450.

I will most likely end up going with the Pag Parts 450 which should be enough to suit my needs, and if I need a bit more I can always add a controller. I’m going to call them on Monday and ask them some questions about it, most notably what their wait time is.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Good news! I spoke to Arnold at Pagparts today and they are still in a production run of their Mk7 LPFP assemblies. I placed an order and he said that they should get me one shipped out this week! I also thought it would be a good idea to upgrade my fuel line while I was messing with the fuel system so I opted for their upgraded AN-6 line as well.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I was surprised today when I went to Publix and found a variety of fun cars all parked at the back of the lot. There was another STI behind me from where I took the photo and a C7 Grand Sport who seemed to think he was too good for us parked closer to the building. Had enough cars to have our own little meet :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3831.jpg

I wonder who is fastest... 👀

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Nice read and build!

Yeah, a Stage1 GTI would be more comparable to the Stage2 STI. Not really a race, but my Autobahn DSG with JB1 (93 oct with boost safety a tad higher than Burger's stock map) was pulling away from a toll booth crawl (15-20mph) according to a buddy of mine with a Stage2 STI (his is a 2016, same year as mine).

Sounds about right. The other day i slightly gaped my own stage1 GTI multiple times (driven by my bro in D mode) with his '17 STI (cobb stage 2; basically just mid-range bump) from speeds where GTI had to fight HARD for traction. Once traction wasn't an issue i think they're evenly matched. Can't wait to do it again with me behind the driver's wheel + right gear. Driving that car for about 2 hrs was a whole different experience - makes my stock-ish GTI dull/boring, EV quiet (awe track catback only). lol

OP - if you guys are comfortable, see if your new work buddy is open to the idea of switching cars. That way you can hopefully hear and see your GTi haul ass. :)

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Nice read and build!

Sounds about right. The other day i slightly gaped my own stage1 GTI multiple times (driven by my bro in D mode) with his '17 STI (cobb stage 2; basically just mid-range bump) from speeds where GTI had to fight HARD for traction. Once traction wasn't an issue i think they're evenly matched. Can't wait to do it again with me behind the driver's wheel + right gear. Driving that car for about 2 hrs was a whole different experience - makes my stock-ish GTI dull/boring, EV quiet (awe track catback only). lol

OP - if you guys are comfortable, see if your new work buddy is open to the idea of switching cars. That way you can hopefully hear and see your GTi haul ass. :)

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.

Interesting to see a stage 1 GTI even troubles a tuned STI let alone stage 2. I thought a stage 2 STI would have been closer to a stage 2 R.

We have actually already talked about trading cars for a day and I was really excited at first because I wanted to try his STI, and then I realized that trade involved someone else driving my car and I was suddenly less excited. So we are going to put a pin in that for now lol.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Hahaha, that might be a good idea considering the power and FWD drama our cars like to experience - especially if the other person is used to zero drama. High seating position is the only odd thing about it, everything else feels right at home.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I was crusing down the road today minding my own business when a Focus RS flew up on me. His wheels were offset enough so I could see them so knew he had some stuff done. We were on a back road so I took the next few corners pretty quickly to see if he would follow and he did. He stayed right on my bumper. I turned onto another road where I knew there was a long straight and I laid into it and he kept getting more and more distant in my rear view mirror. By the time I let out at the top of 4th he was at least 4 car lengths behind me. Keep in mind I had two full grown adults in the car with me. He caught back up when I braked and he stayed on my bumper for the rest of the road, although he couldn’t keep up with me if I hammered it on the corner exits. I finally got behind him and he had at least a cat back and a tune. He had a Mountune license plate holder too so I am assuming he is tuned. Admittedly his car sounded great. I like to think he was pretty surprised. From the back (all he saw at first) my car is mostly stock besides some exhaust tips and a german flag license plate holder. Anyways that is all :ROFLMAO:

TLDR; Gapped a tuned Focus RS.

Oh and I'm still waiting for my LPFP. Gonna call Pagparts Monday and see wassup. Car is currently KILLING daily driver duties right now. I hope to write up a full review of a daily driven car going from stock turbo to big turbo on pump gas soon. I hope you guys had a great 4th of July!!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Love your build.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Love your build.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Nice kill, PowerDemon! Imagine his face had you NOT had the 2 adults in your car at the time!!

Thanks man. I’m sure I would have pulled away much quicker if it had been just me in the car.

In other news I just rolled over 70,000 miles today on my way to work! They grow up so fast :(

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^Mine has 65k lol, not far behind ya...