GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete..

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Taking good care of your car and keeping up on wear and maint items can certainly make the car more attractive to buyers but it is unlikely you would get a buyer to pay more than high book value. You are about 5000 too high even assuming you get top dollar. Best advice - keep it, you have a sweet ride and you have done all the big work on it that it will need for a while, enjoy it.

GolfR333

Ready to race!
I totally understand what your saying. Some buyers might not want to deal with fixing up there car to be ready for a long time like most people do when they pick up a used car. So I looking for someone who wants the car in perfect shape when they pick it up they won’t have to worry about mechanical work for a long time. So if u look I put over 4000 into the car in the last year basically. So that is why I’m asking a little more than the average golf R someone might be willing to take that as a good reason to pay my asking price instead of paying a mechanic to do all of the major stuff a 12 R needs.

zrickety

The Fixer
Cars are like houses, you won't necessarily get the money back that you put into them.
There are MK7 Golf R with half your mileage for the same money. GLWS
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...List=VOLKS&searchRadius=0&clickType=spotlight

Edit- I won't add another post to the thread, but I'm not trying to be negative. Just have realistic expectations. At 80k, it's great you did the timing belt. You have newer wear items like brakes and clutch, but many cars don't need those until much later. These things add value, but not to the degree you are asking. If you want to keep the car, the price is right.
Edit again- great family car for sure. 4 doors are useful. I make a 2 door work now, but my kids are bigger. I'm sinking about $3k plus labor into a Mini Cooper that isn't worth much more than that when I'm done, but I'm keeping the car to drive .

Last edited:

GolfR333

Ready to race!
Most houses sell for more if they have a lot of money into them. I understand you can find good deals on cars right now with all the dealers hurting from this bs that is going on. I’m just trying to find someone thats lookin for a car like mine with every thing done so they don’t have to worry about putting in a new clutch or doing the timing belt and water pump job. Most Mk6 and even mk7 will need some major maintenance shortly after you buy it. My car has over 4K into it this last year. So it’s ready for the road not the shop. Please don’t comment on my thread unless u have good vibes and positive things to say. Keep ur negativity on your own threads thanks. To be honest I most likely gonna keep the car unless I get fair amount for it. I think that mk7 Golf R
are not holding there value like Mk6 R are. For some reason the 2016 can be found for good deals right now especially if ur willing to drive across the country to get it. If u wanna compare apples to apple compare my car to another great shape clean CA car like this one near me. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ode1=VOLKS&modelCode1=GOLFR&clickType=listing
It’s cheaper than mine but that’s a firm price. I’m sure the car is gonna need the timing belt and water pump possible a new clutch unlike my car..

Last edited:

GolfR333

Ready to race!
I actually do believe it or not I use the spray wax most the time to save time. When I have it detailed at the car wash I let them do a full detail 200 wax job.. I like washing my car a lot hope that’s not a bad thing. I got to keep the ride looking clean.. Thanks for the kind words calling my car nice. The car sits in the garage most the time and has always been in the garaged too.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Most houses sell for more if they have a lot of money into them. I understand you can find good deals on cars right now with all the dealers hurting from this bs that is going on. I’m just trying to find someone thats lookin for a car like mine with every thing done so they don’t have to worry about putting in a new clutch or doing the timing belt and water pump job. Most Mk6 and even mk7 will need some major maintenance shortly after you buy it. My car has over 4K into it this last year. So it’s ready for the road not the shop. Please don’t comment on my thread unless u have good vibes and positive things to say. Keep ur negativity on your own threads thanks. To be honest I most likely gonna keep the car unless I get fair amount for it. I think that mk7 Golf R
are not holding there value like Mk6 R are. For some reason the 2016 can be found for good deals right now especially if ur willing to drive across the country to get it. If u wanna compare apples to apple compare my car to another great shape clean CA car like this one near me. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-o adsale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=554055576&zip=92677&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=92677&sortBy=relevance&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&modelCodeList=GOLFR&makeCodeList=VOLKS&searchRadius=300&isNewSearch=true&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=GOLFR&makeCodeList=VOLKS&searchRadius=300&makeCode1=VOLKS&modelCode1=GOLFR&clickType=listing
It’s cheaper than mine but that’s a firm price. I’m sure the car is gonna need the timing belt and water pump possible a new clutch unlike my car..

I have been fixing up and selling cars for longer than I care to admit and what you have is a very nice example of a Golf R with slightly below avg mileage that has been cared for and well maintained. Generally that will get you top book value is all we are saying. Top book value is about 18,650 I know you just caught up on all maint but those are the costs of ownership and they don't increase the value of the car beyond its book value. The book value is what banks use to determine how much money they will loan on the car. Depending on your credit etc they will loan part to 100% of the top book value. So in your case someone with great credit would have to come up with almost 6000 cash to cover the difference between top book and your selling price. If you can sell your car for almost 6000 over top book then more power to you, I hope it happens for you but I still think you should keep it, very hard to find a sweet ride like that. In conclusion, if you are going to sell a car, know its market value before you dump a bunch of money into it, you hardly ever get that back and certainly not on a 1 for 1 basis.

GolfR333

Ready to race!
I agree that it’s a totally sweet rare ride. I Honestly don’t think I’m even gonna sell the car. I put it up as a feeler for that reason. I’m gonna keep it up for someone that looking for a clean rare car. Not in a hurry to sell at all. Rare cars hold there value. So I won’t loose anything sitting on for a year until I find the right buyer. If I don’t find the right buyer I’ll keep the car simple as that. I think the 4 door might be good for the Family one day.

GolfR333

Ready to race!
Ur welcome glad I made your day. The car will most likely sit in the garage for a while until I find a legit buyer who wants a car like this with everything done maintenance wise. If not I’m just gonna keep it. The 4 door is legit in many ways for a family..