GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yes, this is your max limit. No more running dumbass 'Stang owners 😁.

Log looks pretty damn good, but running on edge of fuel. If it gets much hotter, then........
Boost safety to 27 so you have a chance to hit 25-26 ;).
Well i wanted to run him, i was slowing down past 50 and he passed me to let me hear his muffler i guess, never lined up, then I may have passed him while he looked like he was sitting still

Vmax911

Passed Driver's Ed
Using a bit over 3 gallons of no-name E85 (Circle-K, only one available) and filling up the rest with Chevron. FOL is 60. I did notice it looked a bit lean, but didn't see any weird fuel pressure spikes. The last map I tried I peaked at +5.1 @6k instead of the +6.2 @6k and AFR's were at least a point lower. It was unfortunate that I got a new tank of gas and changed the map at the same time, though I'm not sure why fuel would effect boost pressure. Bad gas, running out of stock fueling, too much boost for a 2019, who knows? I'll take it down a bit for now.

Put in the old +5 psi and still got the EPC with 3BEF. So I figure I must have gotten a bad tank or I've developed a boost leak. I'll take it easy until next fill up and try again.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
No, figure I would try a new tank of gas, then try 6b if the problem still persists. Unless 6b provides more logging parameters?
Nope, just a nore reliable tried and true version. Easier to flash back to that and check than to wait for the gas to go. Just sayin ;).

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Tjena pröva att gå tillbaka till 60/85/5 mjukvaran, JB4an begär för lite laddtryck så den lägger inte på lika mycket som den borde. Har sett flera lustiga beteenden på dom 2 sista versionerna som jag inte hade på 6b eller 85.

Can confim. Had issues for weeks running the latest two versions but flashed 60/85/5 and it runs beautifully again. MY20 Cupra.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
For a while now I've heard about how E30 cleans up timing issues on mildly aggressive JB4 Map 6 maps in hot weather, but I wanted to see this for myself.

Out here in the Happy Valley, E85 isn't easy to find. The only station near me is out of the way and is at a Cumberland Farms, which has crap gas. On Friday I had to take a road trip for work and found a Gulf station on I-90 along the way. The E85 pump was shut off to prevent people from using it inadvertently, so I had to prepay inside. The price was $2.83, while 93 was $2.86. I added 4 gallons of E85 and topped off the tank with 93, giving me ~E30.

JB4 Map 6, FOL 55, max additive 8.5, IAT on both runs around 100.

93 only

E30

Interestingly enough, my fuel mileage hasn't dropped much at all. Too bad it's so hard to get around here.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Ah, the beauty of corn.

It obviously is working well for the higher boost and heat that the plain 93 can't cope with (look at all those cute ignition corrections all over the place). Definately worth the drive to get it if you're gonna boost it this high in the summer heat.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Can confim. Had issues for weeks running the latest two versions but flashed 60/85/5 and it runs beautifully again. MY20 Cupra.
Are you running E- blend? If not you should since we have it everywhere in Sweden. I could run up to E35 with stock DP, 7psi add and FOL 60 without hitting trim limit.
Not sure how the OPF cars will respond so start at E25-30, I usually calculate E10 for petrol and E90 for E85 since E85 usually tests around 90% atleast here in the southeast.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I can't drive 35 miles each way plus tolls for the pleasure. I go through one tank a week at the current state of reopening, and when it opens up fully, two.
I bought 3 5 gallon tanks and then a 1/2 tank, when I have to fill up normally we shall see how long it last. I have about 2.5 gal left and just filled up. Went at the start of lockdown