GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Installed a set of Bridgestone Potenza S007A tires and so far have been amazed at the levels of grip and responsiveness. Even better is I got them on TR for $85 a tire on close out.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I installed my Fluidampr today in preparation for my SMF & clutch. Was not expecting much but already a noticeable difference in engine NVH.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This was a month or so ago. A newer Nissan pickup truck was tailgating me in the HOV lane. I was going the speed limit because there was a unmarked State Patrol Ford Explorer in front of me. I moved out of the way. The truck started tailgating the Explorer and then changed lanes while getting super close to the Explorer's rear quarter. They were immediately pulled over. My wife and I laughed all the way home.

That's the way you do it.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Polished my knob.

View attachment 175875

View attachment 175876

I got tired of the blue.
View attachment 175877

But I do want to get one of these shift boot collars in blue now.
View attachment 175878

I've had the black bfi knob with the metal logo token on my stick since day 1. I love it, except now at my new job I have to park outside. On summer days, like we're having now where temp goes over 100, when I get in to drive home the knob cannot be bare handed for almost the entire 24 minute drive home. I have a microfober towel in the cup holder I have to put over it. Even if I park with the windows down a few inches, same thing.

Giving it a solid grab would result in a palm burn like the guy in Indiana Jones who pulled the talisman thing out of the fire. Or ebony maw trying to take the eye of agimoto off Dr strange.

I saw a thread once about aftermarket knobs and one of them was all white and made of - I think - derlin? I'm betting that'd be a good fix. Don't remember who made it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've had the black bfi knob with the metal logo token on my stick since day 1. I love it, except now at my new job I have to park outside. On summer days, like we're having now where temp goes over 100, when I get in to drive home the knob cannot be bare handed for almost the entire 24 minute drive home. I have a microfober towel in the cup holder I have to put over it. Even if I park with the windows down a few inches, same thing.

Giving it a solid grab would result in a palm burn like the guy in Indiana Jones who pulled the talisman thing out of the fire. Or ebony maw trying to take the eye of agimoto off Dr strange.

I saw a thread once about aftermarket knobs and one of them was all white and made of - I think - derlin? I'm betting that'd be a good fix. Don't remember who made it.

Raceseng makes some you can buy delrin covers for, but their knobs don't typically get hot enough to give me a problem. I also just recently started using a covercraft sunscreen and that does quite a bit to keep the temps down too.

I had a BFI knob years ago and the little metal coin that sits on top of the knob got so much hotter than anything else. It was ridiculous lol

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Do you monitor IATs? That post throttle map sensor is used to read bar as well as Intake temp...regardless of brand if you use the spacer style you are taking the probe out of the direct travel path of the intake air and it will start to provide false readings. I can confirm that in Regards to
Viewing IATs via obd2 port but what I don’t know for a fact is if that sensor is also what tells the ecu to pull timing when IAT get higher.
I seem to remember reading that the boomba tap was able to avoid the false readings due to its design (moves the sensor to the side instead of spaced further away).

There's a thread about it somewhere, not sure if a conclusive decision was made either way though.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Raceseng makes some you can buy delrin covers for, but their knobs don't typically get hot enough to give me a problem. I also just recently started using a covercraft sunscreen and that does quite a bit to keep the temps down too.

I had a BFI knob years ago and the little metal coin that sits on top of the knob got so much hotter than anything else. It was ridiculous lol

I found the one I was thinking of. Boomba racing makes it. I'm thinking white with black or maybe brushed aluminum. I'm fundamentally opposed to cosmetic mods so I don't care that much about cool engravings or unique shapes and all that jazz. Just something round that doesn't get hot and has good weight to it and ships quick. Seems like this would fit the bill.

I looked at the raceseng ones too. Not bad.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I seem to remember reading that the boomba tap was able to avoid the false readings due to its design (moves the sensor to the side instead of spaced further away).

There's a thread about it somewhere, not sure if a conclusive decision was made either way though.
yeah it was the actual brand claiming it 😂

The simple fact of the map design... stock set up a probe it sticking DOWN directly into the air path, when you put a spacer on there regardless of turning the sensor to its side or having a larger “bore hole” you have. Removed it from the direct path of travel.

when someone in there legitimately expresses the back to back results iat readings it’s gets ignored till someone asks again and the companies reps response is “we have sold thousands, with no issues (from customer who didn’t review or recreate a back to back test mind you)

Part looks cool, would have been nice to not puncture the intake... but unfortunately it just don’t work.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...luminum-boost-tap-boomba-racing.332542/page-4

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Do you monitor IATs? That post throttle map sensor is used to read bar as well as Intake temp...regardless of brand if you use the spacer style you are taking the probe out of the direct travel path of the intake air and it will start to provide false readings. I can confirm that in Regards to
Viewing IATs via obd2 port but what I don’t know for a fact is if that sensor is also what tells the ecu to pull timing when IAT get higher.
Thanks for the heads up! Ill look into that.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Cobb makes delrin knobs too, they have black and white delrin and black and red anodized collars, combinations of both.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Safety first!

0658196D-9F4C-423C-8210-7C9CBEBF0D69.jpeg