GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok, so EQT stage 1 91 oct tune pulls harder than Cobb OTS stage 1 91 oct. Haven't had any clutch slip at all with the COBB tune. Definitely get a little slip in 1st gear with the EQT. EQT pulls much better above 4500rpm, Cobb falls flat there. I'll continue to DD the COBB tune and reserve the EQT tune for autocross. I'll run the COBB stg 0 for track days, as I'm still on stock radiator, IC, and oil cooler.

Get an IC especially since you're in Florida.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Thanks crow, appreciate the quick response. Should I be seeing the COBB files there too?
You should have all the Cobb OTS tunes on it unless EQT removes them from the ones they sell. I just bought a used one from the forum classifieds and it had multiple versions of all the Cobb OTS tunes, along with MAP and EQT tunes. If you go to the Cobb site and register, you can download the Accessport Manager software, and get their latest OTS tunes for free. I updated the firmware on mine since it was out of date..

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Has Ed said when the ots e30 is20 tune will be done? I wanna get the stage 2 is20 ots tune and e30 Is20 tune ots

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
You can also select the "restore OTS maps" option on the AP itself. The AP always keeps a backup copy of all the latest OTS maps for your car behind the scenes.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
You should have all the Cobb OTS tunes on it unless EQT removes them from the ones they sell. I just bought a used one from the forum classifieds and it had multiple versions of all the Cobb OTS tunes, along with MAP and EQT tunes. If you go to the Cobb site and register, you can download the Accessport Manager software, and get their latest OTS tunes for free. I updated the firmware on mine since it was out of date..
AP I received from their recent bundle sale package had all of the Cobb OTS tunes on it including the ones for the DSG (I ordered the EQT TCU tune also).

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Has Ed said when the ots e30 is20 tune will be done? I wanna get the stage 2 is20 ots tune and e30 Is20 tune ots

It should be real soon. He has a few cars testing the beta for final adjustment before it's unleashed. Still, the OTS v2.0 IS20 stage 2 93 is potent as hell. Do it now.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Opted out of everything except traction control...which I am really impressed with so far.
Can you help me understand this? This is a Cobb feature that has a range of 1-10 and is set on the AP, correct? It has nothing to do with Ed’s tune. Is it something that has to be set every time the car is started? How does it work with the TC built in to the car?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Can you help me understand this? This is a Cobb feature that has a range of 1-10 and is set on the AP, correct? It has nothing to do with Ed’s tune. Is it something that has to be set every time the car is started? How does it work with the TC built in to the car?
The lower the number, the less slip is allowed. You have to turn ESC completely off for Cobb's spark based traction control to work. When you opt in for traction control from a pro tuner, they tweak the values so so the default "1" setting may be a higher setting. It's definitely a great feature but I had never compared it to the stock Cobb programming.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
The lower the number, the less slip is allowed. You have to turn ESC completely off for Cobb's spark based traction control to work. When you opt in for traction control from a pro tuner, they tweak the values so so the default "1" setting may be a higher setting. It's definitely a great feature but I had never compared it to the stock Cobb programming.
Does it work on 2019 cars where you can't completely turn off the TC? :unsure:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does it work on 2019 cars where you can't completely turn off the TC? :unsure:

You can use VCDS or OBD11 to allow ESC to be fully turned off.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
You can use VCDS or OBD11 to allow ESC to be fully turned off.
Yes but in a 2019 it is not actually turned off. The TC will still kick in. So that makes me wonder if the Cobb TC is actually doing anything. I guess I can set it to 9 and see if i get more tire spin.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
With any of these options (Cobb LC/TC), if it turns out I don’t want them, can I just leave them deactivated? Guess I’m wondering why not just check the box for those options no matter what if the end user can choose if & when they want them activated?