GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Can you post the contents of the thread here?

1590611193570.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EQTVAG/?multi_permalinks=676257586542490

I put his email in the image so the bots don't pick it up.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
At this point I'm sure they've got enough variations of the tunes that the only thing that's required is finding the correct file and then sending it to you. For a while now they've been putting tunes on the AP before they shipped them out.

Last week Patrick made a thread on facebook saying he's caught up on all v2.01 tunes and if you didn't get yours to send him an email. I had 2.0 and didn't get my 2.01 update so I sent him an email and he emailed me back the same day.

The tune is locked to your AP so at the very least it requires a modification of the serial number for every file they send out. Not quite as simple as batch emailing with a single attachment.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I'm 28-29 days now waiting for my pro-tune update for 2.01
To give some perspective :-/

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

rarely do I laugh out loud anymore, so thanks for that!

edit: seriously, keep coming back to it to laugh.

I want to share it with my wife, but she will have zero idea wtf is going on with it.
There is nothing in that picture that she would know about. That makes me sad.

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Looking at ordering an AP + EQT stage 1 tune + DSG Cobb tune. Does anyone know when EQT will release a 7-speed DSG tune?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm at 7 days waiting for an OTS stg 1 91 oct. Is that normal for an OTS tune?

I wanted to update this. The email went to spam and it actually only took them 2 days to get an OTS staged tune out. I looked in spam, but must have missed it the first time because the email is from Patrick and I was expecting a generic EQT email like the confirmation. So be aware of that if you don't get your staged tune in a 2 or 3 days. Didn't want this hanging out there and anyone get the idea that this was EQT's fault. I'm old and blind apparently. lol