GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

M4 vs Dbv2 Audi vs Vette

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Long story short I have been saving to build a small tire nitrous big block cash days/grudge car for a few months. With the awful influence of my friends I have decided to capture the s55 hub and order hybrid turbos for the m4 and set the chassis up for 40 rolls and 1/4 $$ races. Theres a famous local tuner here in louisville for DI BMWs and we are going to send it! I would not be surprised if the car sees quad digits by the end of the year.

#MoreExpensiveThanCrack

Ok, you're either a drug dealer kingpin or single with no kids in order to be throwing down money like that in a short period of time.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I dont even have 1200$ in m4 mods right now.. including tuning and wireless flasher. 300$ for charge pipes, 300$ for cts DPs, 350$ for tuner and like 280$ for this used intake. I thought it was going to be more expensive than mk7 to mod but honestly its been like not even 1/3 the cost lol.

Used big twins can be had for like mk7 hybrid costs its really not that bad at all! I still need an intercooler and heat exchanger, and a dedicated set of Drag wheels/tires. Been trying to find a set oif 305/40/18 Mikey Thompson Street ET S/S but can't find them anywhere! I need them for a 250$ 1/4 race with a FBO, CAM pulley ctsv this weekend. Im frantically searching because I can't get this thing to hook up worth a bean without pulling 50% power in 1st gear and launching at 2900 rpm on a prepped rubber covered road!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I dont even have 1200$ in m4 mods right now.. including tuning and wireless flasher. 300$ for charge pipes, 300$ for cts DPs, 350$ for tuner and like 280$ for this used intake. I thought it was going to be more expensive than mk7 to mod but honestly its been like not even 1/3 the cost lol.

Used big twins can be had for like mk7 hybrid costs its really not that bad at all! I still need an intercooler and heat exchanger, and a dedicated set of Drag wheels/tires. Been trying to find a set oif 305/40/18 Mikey Thompson Street ET S/S but can't find them anywhere! I need them for a 250$ 1/4 race with a FBO, CAM pulley ctsv this weekend. Im frantically searching because I can't get this thing to hook up worth a bean without pulling 50% power in 1st gear and launching at 2900 rpm on a prepped rubber covered road!

That adds up to $1230 but who's counting. You don't teach math do you? 😂 JK. Good luck this weekend.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Coming to check in on my favorite forum (the M guys are dweebers) . Andd possibly a built block Xona Rotor MQB coming to gap me!

Attachments

• 104291130_1627000010802597_6012580662348474744_o.jpg
    104291130_1627000010802597_6012580662348474744_o.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 130

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Coming to check in on my favorite forum (the M guys are dweebers) . Andd possibly a built block Xona Rotor MQB coming to gap me!

Wait, are you saying you are going to race an M4 with a built block with a Xona turbo or that's what you are getting for your car?

Also, nice wheels! What are they?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Car looks great! How did that race with the CTS-V go?

I lost! Turns out it was a max effort built bottom end, pullied to the moon, nitrous cam, ported to hell and back oem cased blower with a massive riser on the lid ha!. I have the video, I didn't lose too bad but it went low 10s on the street @ 136-138mph verified by buddy dragying running him after. I never got a tire, so he got me in the 300 foot then we just sat there, I was starting to back half but it wasn't enough in time. My buddy lost as well with the 250 jets in his built auto lq4 6.0 LS. Car probably made 800+ but was not very friendly so we have no clue! All we know is the car ate an entire 5 lb bag of ice every single run. So the told "650whp" was clearly bullshit (car was weighing 4600 lbs that night). Got some cool wins in lately though against a 800rwhp bolt on auto hellcat, a paxton e85 coyote making 700rwhp and a 6th gen FBO zl1 670-690rwhp. After e85 and downpipes I've only lost two races, one to a "840" gutted out interior challenger auto hellcat and that ctsv. Was looking at my logs last night and turns out I have made 220 full pulls (logged) in the 3 months of ownership HAHA. However I'm still just using this platform's version of "OTS" tuning via MHD flasher. My hybrid turbo money went towards these beautiful volks/rays racing wheels, as I just could not resist! Sorry guys! Right now I am highly considering paying Cary Jordan for a full e85 tune to hit my dragy goals but looking at the times the difference between ots and custom tuning on this platform is not as extreme as the mk7s for instance. Still there is power to be had.

I am soooo close to a couple awesome benchmarks..

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Wait, are you saying you are going to race an M4 with a built block with a Xona turbo or that's what you are getting for your car?

Also, nice wheels! What are they?

Haha no, my buddy with the s3 is doing that to his. We have all the parts for the engine just have to tear into it. He also has an LS swapped 335i with a 7675 that keeps blowing up xD

Rays racing/volks ze40 18x10 and 18x11 with Nitto nt01Rs 305 in rear. Much better than the r888rs imo

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Haha no, my buddy with the s3 is doing that to his. We have all the parts for the engine just have to tear into it. He also has an LS swapped 335i with a 7675 that keeps blowing up xD

Rays racing/volks ze40 18x10 and 18x11 with Nitto nt01Rs 305 in rear. Much better than the r888rs imo

Damn Twist, those are some expensive wheels.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Here u guys go I made a video for you!

I put together some of the sweet ones from before as well

I love the production quality and your wins of course. Don't be such a stranger to the forum.