GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Im gonna do the adult thing here and just block people. As much as i’d like to say what I wanna say, it doesnt matter and its over the internet. Clearly some people are looking for a fight, which I wont provide.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I mean, there's really no way around that, is there? I have a manual and have no interest in a DSG, but have to admit that in just about any measurable metric, my transmission loses.

I'm a die hard manual guy, but the 7 speed DSG in my wifes A4 is hands down the best "automatic" I've ever driven. I bet it would rock with a tune.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm a die hard manual guy, but the 7 speed DSG in my wifes A4 is hands down the best "automatic" I've ever driven. I bet it would rock with a tune.
Yeah, our Q5 DSG is quite good, loads better than the ZF8 in her last car, but I think Audi is moving more towards the ZF8 going forward.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
And while we're at it, the EA888 sure feels different in her Q5, it always amazes me that hers gets better mileage than mine, hauling 900 extra pounds around (the car, not my wife.)

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yall over here with the BBQ talk making me want a big ol Texas style smoker 🤤🤤🤤

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I mean remember when you could have a semi fast car with a stock clutch in it? Or ya know you could run 10’s on slicks with a clutch that cost $250 lmao.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
No. I don't. Even back in 2000 when I was building a swapped honda crx a clutchmasters 6 puck was still ~$500.

Lol. I had a car that went 7.50 in the 1/8th spraying out of the hole 1.5x 60 ft. My buddy had one with the same Ford pos in there that went high 10's NA. It wouldn't last forever but really, the mk6 can't handle 280hp? I also had a 04 Cobra brand new, made 450rw no problem. C6 Z.. 590 to the tire stock everything.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Lol. I had a car that went 7.50 in the 1/8th spraying out of the hole 1.5x 60 ft. My buddy had one with the same Ford pos in there that went high 10's NA. It wouldn't last forever but really, the mk6 can't handle 280hp? I also had a 04 Cobra brand new, made 450rw no problem. C6 Z.. 590 to the tire stock everything.

Drag racing is the lamest form of motorsport I've ever tried. I spent years and countless money doing it before I realized. On a good night that I spent possibly weeks prepping for I'd spend less than 3 minutes total in the car. Who cares you can't launch the fuck out of a dsg transmission, its not for that.

Its happening in the offroad world now too. Honda has DCT (dual clutch transmission) basically same set up as DSG. Only powersport maker with it, everyone else uses CVT. Well DCT is amazing if you use the machine for what its intended for. Same as DSG. Once you use it outside of that happy medium its expensive as all hell and not quite as strong as its footshift (manual) counterpart of the same machine. But hey, they still make the footshift. They still make a manual GTI. If thats your thing, do it. But we shouldn't look down our noses at those who chose to use their GTI differently.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Finally got something to do this weekend. Got a IE intercooler and HPA downpipe in the mail. Will likely install this weekend! :) so excited.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I had no desire for your car 13 years ago, still don't. Given the choice, I'll either have a clutch pedal or a single speed EV.

Oh, I'm sorry. You must have me confused with some one who gives a shit? No one cares that you want a manual. No one cares that I bought a DSG once 13 years ago. Drive what works best for you. Thats why I can't believe that lame debate is still going on.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Oh, I'm sorry. You must have me confused with some one who gives a shit? No one cares that you want a manual. No one cares that I bought a DSG once 13 years ago. Drive what works best for you. Thats why I can't believe that lame debate is still going on.
Oh come on. Given a choice of anything, someone will like one, and another will like the other. Do you prefer leather or cloth? What color is your car? There's always something people will debate, it's not that you made the correct decision with DSG, you just chose one of the two choices. They're both going away, so we're both wrong.