GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Where the hell is India for all of this? How do they have 4 times the population, way more density, and yet only 1,600 confirmed sick?

Also, the number of deaths in the US yesterday is kinda freaky. It's taken us a little over a month to get to 3k deaths. From yesterday til today we went from 3k to 4k.

India's headed for a world of hurt, unfortunately. The curve is almost straight up, and while heavily rural, even their rural populations are super dense.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
A coworker told me his church was still doing a service ?‍♂️. He said its normally 300 people and its down to 90 but people were coming from all over the state because they were still having a service.Y'all ain't helping nobody!!!
God will protect them ??

April foools

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
A coworker told me his church was still doing a service ?‍♂️. He said its normally 300 people and its down to 90 but people were coming from all over the state because they were still having a service.Y'all ain't helping nobody!!!
I've read of a few pastors actually getting arrested for ignoring stay-at-home directives by continuing to hold services. Good. While we're at it, start taxing the church. But that's another thread, I guess.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Nothing is really shut down here. Everybody is pretty much still going to work, unless you're a server. There's at least 4 people nearby me here at work right now with coughs. Nobody is staying home from work until it's ordered.
I'm an essential worker just outside NYC. If someone comes to work with a cough or appears to be ill, they're to be immediately sent home and not return without a note.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
We have no god damn leadership here. Trump says he takes no responsibility for what happens. Then he put Pence in charge, and Pence is saying he's leaving it up to governors and individual states to make their own decisions. Our governor yesterday said he isn't going to order stricter measures unless the white house advises it. It's like we're trying to free market this virus and the whole situation is just ridiculous. By the time anyone gets off their ass and wakes the hell up we're going to be balls deep in this.
It’s called, passing the buck!..

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dominos fell for me today... VP and up all took 15%-30% cuts, sales staff was furloughed by a good margin, and most entry level positions were furloughed for 90 days. Thankfully I'm safe, but if this doesn't get better by the end of summer I may not be. I work in sports and we need butts in seats.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm an essential worker just outside NYC. If someone comes to work with a cough or appears to be ill, they're to be immediately sent home and not return without a note.

Where my sister works a woman with a pending test came in to work for 2 days and then got her positive test result.

Oops.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Up to six confirmed cases at my work.

They claim to have created a Covid-19 Taskforce for controlling the spread by quarantining anyone in direct contact...

Well, person #4 and I worked in direct contact on March 24, his positive test was confirmed the 31st, and neither he nor I have been contacted by this “task force”.

Average age on 2nd shift is probably 65 years old. I’m 29, but literally the youngest on shift by far (I hired on at 20, and I’m the junior guy). I’m confident it’ll take someone dying or several of them for the company to take this seriously. Some of these guys are late 70s and not in great health to begin with.

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
My company has been work-from-home since March 20th...good riddance as I take the bus to work (unusual for a Los Angeles resident) and I've been seeing even the bus get emptier and emptier.

Hopefully this teaches people to (1) take sanitation more seriously, (2) think more about the importance of accessible health care, and (3) allow for more work-from-home provisions. It's not like there was a magic invention on March 19th that made this possible.

In the meantime, I am using my newfound time to run more often, build a family/light gaming PC, and get the Passat knuckles in my GTI.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Where my sister works a woman with a pending test came in to work for 2 days and then got her positive test result.

Oops.
This is the sort of behaviour that will result in + cases shooting straight up, I’m not sure of the government guidance in the states (or elsewhere) but here in the UK if you have any symptoms, however mild, you MUST self isolate for at least 7 days, and the rest of the household 14 days, anyone pending a test result wouldn’t be in work, anyone at your sisters work place that had contact with this person should isolate, but the damage is likely already done by now, each person infects on average 2.5 other people, so after 7 days that one woman could infect over 400 other people!! Then expand that from those other 400 people and you start to see rather large rates of infection, absolutely, ridiculous, irresponsible and selfish that they went to work!! ?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-symptoms-flu-doctor-dispatches-a9419146.html

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
This is the sort of behaviour that will result in + cases shooting straight up, I’m not sure of the government guidance in the states (or elsewhere) but here in the UK if you have any symptoms, however mild, you MUST self isolate for at least 7 days, and the rest of the household 14 days, anyone pending a test result wouldn’t be in work, anyone at your sisters work place that had contact with this person should isolate, but the damage is likely already done by now, each person infects on average 2.5 other people, so after 7 days that one woman could infect over 400 other people!! Then expand that from those other 400 people and you start to see rather large rates of infection, absolutely, ridiculous, irresponsible and selfish that they went to work!! ?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-symptoms-flu-doctor-dispatches-a9419146.html
Yeah, really bad on the company for being so clueless, her Doctor as well. She should have been told to stay home pending the results. She would have been paid to stay out too.

This happened just a couple of days ago in NY so even out here, near the epicenter, people still are making poor choices. The business is actually essential since they make hospital sterilization stuff but that's no excuse for letting anyone sick back in without taking extra precautions.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The business is actually essential since they make hospital sterilization
All the more reason to stay home while waiting on the test, her actions now risk shutting down an essential manufacturing company due to lack of workforce!