GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
started watching S03 last night.
I'm 3 episodes in....it's pretty damn good (and addictive) IMO

I watched S1, but I never picked it back up. I think I wanna watch Tiger King right now.

Oh man...you're missing out. It definitely keeps getting darker/more crazy as it keeps going along

I kept seeing the hype about "Tiger King" and watched the first episode yesterday. Seems interesting/crazy and wanna watch it all

Phur

Autocross Champion
Any of you guys watch OZARK on Netflix?

Season 3 dropped yesterday and I plan to watch it next week
There is no way I could unsee "Uncle Baby Billy" every time that the main character was on screen. Any of you seen The Righteous Gemstones?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
bugging out?

Last edited:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
That's a really handsome gauge cluster. Just nice, simple, and only the info you want. Real shame to hear that the dealership is having issues. My good friend had just started a sales position at a Honda dealer in DFW around Thanksgiving, and they're already in a situation like this. Really sucks.

Yeah the car is definitely very "simple". I agree the dash is purposeful. The top is manual - one latch, flip it back with your hand. Car DOES have heated seats (wife will use them so much they'll burn out lol) and A/C but I do like how otherwise spartan it is. Doesn't even have a glovebox in the dash. Power windows (probably because the motor assembly is lighter than a crank system now) but no "express up"? Also weird - no "HomeLink" garage door opener buttons. I figured damn near every car had that now.

I like it though. A lot. It feels very "throwback" for being a 2019. The engine is buzzy, the car bounces and hops everywhere, there's wind and road noise, you feel everything in the steering and seat. Almost feels like a vintage sports car, especially when driving it back-to-back with the Cayman. When driving the two, the Miata literally feels like a skateboard, and the Cayman feels like it's made out of lead.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Yeah the car is definitely very "simple". I agree the dash is purposeful. The top is manual - one latch, flip it back with your hand. Car DOES have heated seats (wife will use them so much they'll burn out lol) and A/C but I do like how otherwise spartan it is. Doesn't even have a glovebox in the dash. Power windows (probably because the motor assembly is lighter than a crank system now) but no "express up"? Also weird - no "HomeLink" garage door opener buttons. I figured damn near every car had that now.

I like it though. A lot. It feels very "throwback" for being a 2019. The engine is buzzy, the car bounces and hops everywhere, there's wind and road noise, you feel everything in the steering and seat. Almost feels like a vintage sports car, especially when driving it back-to-back with the Cayman. When driving the two, the Miata literally feels like a skateboard, and the Cayman feels like it's made out of lead.
Are you at all tempted to spend more (racing) seat time in the Miata over the Cayman?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Are you at all tempted to spend more (racing) seat time in the Miata over the Cayman?

No.

I'd like to maybe run it at an autocross or two (share the car with the wife). But at 6'2 I also don't fit very well.

Plan for this year is to consider it a "throwaway" year and get the setup down on the Cayman. Last year, other than some alignment changes, I left the clickers, etc. alone. I want to get this thing figured out.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
No.

I'd like to maybe run it at an autocross or two (share the car with the wife). But at 6'2 I also don't fit very well.

Plan for this year is to consider it a "throwaway" year and get the setup down on the Cayman. Last year, other than some alignment changes, I left the clickers, etc. alone. I want to get this thing figured out.
It’s gonna be a good year for you and Lady Omni! (....assuming anyone is allowed to race this year.)

Side note; I was motoring up LSD today and CPD was no joke about enforcing that lake front park ban.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I saw Cruisers at Chicago, (I’m guessing) North and Belmont Avenues along with a person manning the gate at Foster blocking access to the lake front.

EDIT: While the exit was blocked with cones I did see they allowed some parking along that stretch at Addison by the tennis courts. ??‍♂️

torga

Autocross Champion
We have to wait a full 24 thread pages before reporting Boosted missing to the authorities.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow yeah - LeClerc.jpg

hot dang, came here for the PTAK miata... wow. Congrats racer, hot dang. Well, to Sharon too.