GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Went to pick up some spacers for my wheels to fit over my brakes yesterday (spoiler alert, the 6mm ones I bought weren't big enough) and my girlfriend decided to take some photos while we were out. Summer wheels hopefully going on this week along with the BBK finally.

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
Went to pick up some spacers for my wheels to fit over my brakes yesterday (spoiler alert, the 6mm ones I bought weren't big enough) and my girlfriend decided to take some photos while we were out. Summer wheels hopefully going on this week along with the BBK finally.
Not sure which BBK you are running but when I did mine I bought 10mm front and 15mm back which cleared my ST40s and also gave me the flush look in the process. My rims are serrons btw

Nice pics....love the headlights.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Not sure which BBK you are running but when I did mine I bought 10mm front and 15mm back which cleared my ST40s and also gave me the flush look in the process. My rims are serrons btw

Nice pics....love the headlights.
I'm gonna be running an 18z kit. The test fit I did was really close on the 6mm ones but once they are mounted securely in place i'll know for sure and if not then my dad is sending me some 10mm ones he doesn't use for me to use. Does anyone know if it's bad practice to run two spacers? I have a 6mm and a 5mm so could I stack those on the front to give me the clearance or is that a bad idea?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion

Tell your girl, very nice photography job.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I'm gonna be running an 18z kit. The test fit I did was really close on the 6mm ones but once they are mounted securely in place i'll know for sure and if not then my dad is sending me some 10mm ones he doesn't use for me to use. Does anyone know if it's bad practice to run two spacers? I have a 6mm and a 5mm so could I stack those on the front to give me the clearance or is that a bad idea?
This is definitely a bad idea. What's wrong with using the 10mm ones?

smanierre

Autocross Champion

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
It just creates one more failure point, one more area that could cause vibrations or misalignment. It may also add some additional stress on the lugs.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Success! If I can do this shit anyone can :D

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Ran into my second big snag installing the k04 kit (first being stripping that plug bolt). I was trying to install the DV on the new K04 and I realized that it isn't sitting flush because the heads of the M6 allen bolts holding the DV adapter machined by IE are sticking up about a millimeter. I don't have the tools in my garage to deepen the hole professionally, so now I'm stuck until I hear from IE.

torga

Autocross Champion
Ran into my second big snag installing the k04 kit (first being stripping that plug bolt). I was trying to install the DV on the new K04 and I realized that it isn't sitting flush because the heads of the M6 allen bolts holding the DV adapter machined by IE are sticking up about a millimeter. I don't have the tools in my garage to deepen the hole professionally, so now I'm stuck until I hear from IE.
Worst case scenario, pick up a few low profile M6 socket-head cap screws from McMaster-Carr. Standard M6 SHCS head height is 6mm, these are 4mm. You can even buy 2mm tall ones. Here's a P/N to get you started: 93070A139. No idea what length you need, but these are 8mm.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
Should be able to grab those from a hardware store even, like ACE. I'm pretty sure they're still open during all this