GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
this thread reminds me that i need to clean out and reorganize my garage, which i feel is a never-ending task

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Unique grout lines. Like the end result.
How did this pour design come about.
Would certainly reduce cracks from forming or running far.

I dunno, just standard stuff for our builder.

The pic of the empty garage with freshly epoxied floor looks great. 2 years later, it looks pretty crappy. The builder had one of his own guys, who'd never done a garage floor before, do the job, and it was sub-par. Will probably tile over it eventually.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Haha yeah finally, I spared the masses the agonizing four plus months it took to get from a hole in the ground to where it is today. The building should be finished tomorrow, then I’ve got all the electrical to do and another 20 days till the concrete has cured long enough to install the two post lift.

Been a long time coming, I had a 28x36 garage in Ohio from 2013-2015 and always planned to build one down here. Took longer to talk the wife into it that expected, but now she can have the attached garage for her Pinterest crafts and I’ll have room to make noise as far from the house as possible.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Haha yeah finally, I spared the masses the agonizing four plus months it took to get from a hole in the ground to where it is today. The building should be finished tomorrow, then I’ve got all the electrical to do and another 20 days till the concrete has cured long enough to install the two post lift.

Been a long time coming, I had a 28x36 garage in Ohio from 2013-2015 and always planned to build one down here. Took longer to talk the wife into it that expected, but now she can have the attached garage for her Pinterest crafts and I’ll have room to make noise as far from the house as possible.
Looks awesome. I’m sure I’ll be down soon enough to see it in person lol.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion

is your slab thick enough for a lift?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looks awesome. I’m sure I’ll be down soon enough to see it in person lol.

Definitely!

is your slab thick enough for a lift?

Yes, there’s 50 yards of concrete out there.

24x16” footers with rebar, 4” slab and 8” thick footer for the lift 6.5’ x 16’. It’s all 3500psi fiber reinforced, so if I ever get a forklift or machine shop equipment it’ll be ready for that too.

The walls are 13’, so 16’ interior clearance in the middle of the shop. Doors are 10x10 and the overhang has 12x10 opening for camper storage. Lots of thought went into future proofing it, although they’re never big enough and I’m sure.