GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Cant get the trans up in there or can't get it slid on all the way?

Can’t get it up there. It’s a PITA like CowTownRacer said especially while the car is on jack stands. After cursing at it and contemplating why I enjoy cars I figured I should walk away and come back with a fresh mind tomorrow lol. Even if I manage to get it up there and matted I still gotta get some bolts in which seem impossible with one person.

Removing the LCA completely would probably help ?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Can’t get it up there. It’s a PITA like CowTownRacer said especially while the car is on jack stands. After cursing at it and contemplating why I enjoy cars I figured I should walk away and come back with a fresh mind tomorrow lol. Even if I manage to get it up there and matted I still gotta get some bolts in which seem impossible with one person.

YOU CAN DOOOO ITTTT
Always best to try and keep a clear head. Being pissed off and trying to force things never ends well. I remember my pops did a clutch on a Miata and rigged up a bunch of blocks where he could only shimmy it up into position. He was probably late 60's at the time

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I used a cinching strap to hold the transmission once I had it in place. Lifted it up then cinched the strap to the proper height. It gave me enough leverage to get it mated to the block.

It was painful for me because I have a kwiklift that sits about 2 ft off the ground, so the lift is high (i.e., too high to bench press up). If you have a lift it's easy because you can lower the car to lifting height.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Car went under the knife yesterday for my new suspension setup on all four corners. My rear coils broke about 3 weeks ago and originally I was just going to replace them with lowering springs but after further research and given the mileage of the car I decided to do the struts, shocks and mounting hardware at the same time. While they were working on the car yesterday I got a call saying the bolt and bearing on the lower control arms had seized and so the control arms needed to be cut out and replaced. Oh and the install kit they received was for the wrong car and the parts didn't fit, so they've had to source them all individually locally.

But everything should be finished in the next couple hours. And they were nice enough to give me a couple hundred dollars off the controls arms. Went with Whiteline lowering coils and Koni Yellows, looking forward to the refreshed setup

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Lower the engine more. I've done countless number of clutches on these cars, if you're having issues, lower it more. You aren't going to break anything.just make sure you have the downpipe mount disconnected

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Lower the engine more. I've done countless number of clutches on these cars, if you're having issues, lower it more. You aren't going to break anything.just make sure you have the downpipe mount disconnected

Ok cool. I’ll try that. The down pipe mount on the subframe?

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
So found a deal on fbook market place 2 days. Got it for $150 shipped. Finishing my BT install tomorrow with this
20200221_181425.jpg

20200218_173051.jpg

20200218_173058.jpg

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
The thing I did today.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Jays tips and tricks save the day again ?. Got her matted up nice and smooth. Thanks man!!!!!

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Call me crazy but it think I might go back to stage 1.

I love stage 2 , car drives fantastic. Besides the wheel hop during more aggressive driving. However I'm concerned with the added NVH I will have if I go with a APR dogbone. After countless hours of research. it seems that the aftermarket dogbone will add a very noticable amount of nvh particularly on the DSG cars.

I think I'm going to order the apr dogbone soon to see how the vibrations will be with stock engine /trans mounts and subframe mounts. I know it's not recommend but it will be temporary, If I can handle the NVH with stock mounts then I'll go ahead and upgraded motor /trans mounts and subframe mounts.

Ideally I would like to run stock dogbone with upgrade 034 engine mounts and vibratechnicks subframe mounts but as we all know the dogbone will probably snap.lol

VWR subframe mounts are tempting, cheaper than vibratechnicks but I think they will increase the NVH even more?.

So many decisions lol
034 mounts are garbage. Skip those. If you want that route just buy new OEM mounts.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Car went under the knife yesterday for my new suspension setup on all four corners. My rear coils broke about 3 weeks ago and originally I was just going to replace them with lowering springs but after further research and given the mileage of the car I decided to do the struts, shocks and mounting hardware at the same time. While they were working on the car yesterday I got a call saying the bolt and bearing on the lower control arms had seized and so the control arms needed to be cut out and replaced. Oh and the install kit they received was for the wrong car and the parts didn't fit, so they've had to source them all individually locally.

But everything should be finished in the next couple hours. And they were nice enough to give me a couple hundred dollars off the controls arms. Went with Whiteline lowering coils and Koni Yellows, looking forward to the refreshed setup
Cool. Please let us know how you like the new setup!