GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable 'engine is running' beep

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
As the title says, is there a way to disable the 'engine is running' chime when you open the driver's door? This is different than the 'ignition is ON' beep which can be disabled in OBD11.

It's quite annoying. I know the engine is running...argh

Thanks

tigeo

Autocross Champion
--------------------------------------------------------------
Turn off key-in/open door warning
Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Ignition active message, actuator
Values:
Old value: Driver door
New value: No display

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Turn off key-in/open door warning
Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Ignition active message, actuator
Values:
Old value: Driver door
New value: No display

This does not work. I have already set it to 'no display' which as mentioned above, removes the ignition ON beep but not "Attention: Engine is running" beep

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This does not work. I have already set it to 'no display' which as mentioned above, removes the ignition ON beep but not "Attention: Engine is running" beep

Correct. Sometimes I'll open my door when backing into my parking space at work to make sure it's tucked in as far as I can to prevent door dings. I've had the car for years and it seems impossible to turn this off. Also have mine set to "No Display." It also does nothing about the "Remove Key" warning.

tykru

Car(s)
2019 GTI
have you found a solution for this? i have the same issue and it's driving me nuts.

tykru

Car(s)
2019 GTI
Correct. Sometimes I'll open my door when backing into my parking space at work to make sure it's tucked in as far as I can to prevent door dings. I've had the car for years and it seems impossible to turn this off. Also have mine set to "No Display." It also does nothing about the "Remove Key" warning.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Still no luck brother.

tykru

Car(s)
2019 GTI
oh man, i've had this car for 2 weeks and it's driving me crazy. about to take it to the dealer to see if they can make it go away. you know how often i leave the car idling while i get in and out of the car, and that beep is ridiculous.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
oh man, i've had this car for 2 weeks and it's driving me crazy. about to take it to the dealer to see if they can make it go away. you know how often i leave the car idling while i get in and out of the car, and that beep is ridiculous.

Nope. I've given up haha.