GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Aluminum radiator, oil cooler, accusump,catch can, water meth

mk6's oil starve? i assume the pan is similar even though the engine is different.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
They do yes, especially if your run slicks. There's a few different baffled oil pans out there but I think an accusump does a better job at combating it.
sadly couldn't find any for the mk6r (ea113). not crazy about the accusump way

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
For the sake of discussion, what don't you like about running an accusump?

preference mainly. dont like the idea of injecting cold oil into the motor when the time comes, more potential points for failure, etc. i have an aftermarket oil pan in the evo that's added about 2qts of oil capacity, trap doors, baffles, etc.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail - motegi mr140s in 18x8.5 +45, 255/35-18 Rs4s, stoptech slotted rotors and stoptech sport pads, stud conversion kit, lug nuts, vorshlag camber/caster plate, h & r 26mm rear sway bar..

idea is to leave power where it is (stg2) add camber plates & rsb, and see how it does on the first outing. may find that the pads aren't good enough to hold up, so we'll see. full flush & maint workup also coming up. will scrub everything in at a few autoxes before my first track day prob in may.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail - motegi mr140s in 18x8.5 +45, 255/35-18 Rs4s, stoptech slotted rotors and stoptech sport pads, stud conversion kit, lug nuts, vorshlag camber/caster plate, h & r 26mm rear sway bar..

idea is to leave power where it is (stg2) add camber plates & rsb, and see how it does on the first outing. may find that the pads aren't good enough to hold up, so we'll see. full flush & maint workup also coming up. will scrub everything in at a few autoxes before my first track day prob in may.
I think you’ll find that the stoptech sport (309 series) pads are not aggressive enough for extended track use. I’ve tried to run them and once you get past the beginner level, the pads don’t fair well. I never lost my brakes, but the friction level drops way off and you have to use so much pedal effort that it’s exhausting for a 20-30 minute session.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I'm curious to see how the stock Brembo FM1000 pads hold up at Laguna Seca next week. They work extremely well on the street and autoX. The initial bite is almost too much for the street.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
I think you’ll find that the stoptech sport (309 series) pads are not aggressive enough for extended track use. I’ve tried to run them and once you get past the beginner level, the pads don’t fair well. I never lost my brakes, but the friction level drops way off and you have to use so much pedal effort that it’s exhausting for a 20-30 minute session.

Thanks for the heads up - I figured they'd be too light, going to watch them closely. Hopefully I can be doing enough trail braking that I am pretty light on them, but yea I am expecting to have to switch pads

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I just found out that NCRC is going to run 7x 20 minute sessions at Laguna Seca next Thursday. I'm going to be wiped out Thursday night. :p

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
what intakes are you guys running?

my car came with a neuspeed, which i think has an oiled filter. it's a 2.75" inlet and the car has a MAF, so I think any intake with a 2.75" can be slapped on. This filter is larger. but I assume more restrictive in comparison to the old one due to more heavy duty filtration material, which is my #1 concern.

IMG_20200204_141712.jpg

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I'm running 1.4 all around. I have a 24mm FSB and 26mm RSB. With the sway bars the tire temperatures were pretty even across the tread. I think you'll be fine.

here's what my alignment came otu to on the golf:

https://qlmotorsport.com/2020/03/03/golf-r-alignment-3-3-20/
a touch more camber wouuld have been nice but not too bad overall.

next up is all the timing belts, bolts etc. and a NS underdriven alternator pulley