GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
If you can afford it, what would be ideal is to find another engine, used with low miles or new, and build that one and once it's all done, swap it in. Or, like Diggs said, send it now and build later. Also, a nice set of some sticky tires will help with the FWD thing.
That's exactly my thinking at this time. I have been keeping an eye out for a good candidate motor, and already have a parts list for internals etc ready to begin ordering. I was ready to, and almost pulled the trigger on the Vortex during the sale, but instead purchased a base Stg 2 93oct, BFI Stg 2 mounts, another set of 17" wheels with a pair of M&H Radials and a pair of M&H slicks mounted to them. I think between Quebster, Hoon, Railroader and the vids Tasos' posted along with others on YT, I've taken a step back to consider things. I also have my first HPDE planned for next month and I keep hearing, from those with experience, to hold off on the big power until I run an event.
@JerseyDrew77 Are you still stock internals and making over 29psi? I see you have the 5&4 Bar M/P sensors.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That's exactly my thinking at this time. I have been keeping an eye out for a good candidate motor, and already have a parts list for internals etc ready to begin ordering. I was ready to, and almost pulled the trigger on the Vortex during the sale, but instead purchased a base Stg 2 93oct, BFI Stg 2 mounts, another set of 17" wheels with a pair of M&H Radials and a pair of M&H slicks mounted to them. I think between Quebster, Hoon, Railroader and the vids Tasos' posted along with others on YT, I've taken a step back to consider things. I also have my first HPDE planned for next month and I keep hearing, from those with experience, to hold off on the big power until I run an event.
@JerseyDrew77 Are you still stock internals and making over 29psi? I see you have the 5&4 Bar M/P sensors.

Yes, still have a stock block and 4th gear boost is at 30.5, 2nd and 3rd is at 32 pounds. You will need to upgrade both MAP sensors if you want to go over 29psi.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I have on the shelf:
PPT 450lpfp w/lines
TB PM4
5bar & 4bar w/harness
Euro Manifold and Rail
PR 950cc Injectors

So I can continue to build up parts and source a donor, Or just snag the Vortex and send it lol.

Yes, still have a stock block and 4th gear boost is at 30.5, 2nd and 3rd is at 32 pounds. You will need to upgrade both MAP sensors if you want to go over 29psi.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have on the shelf:
PPT 450lpfp w/lines
TB PM4
5bar & 4bar w/harness
Euro Manifold and Rail
PR 950cc Injectors

So I can continue to build up parts and source a donor, Or just snag the Vortex and send it lol.

How many miles do you have? I'm a little over 70k and still haven't built my block. I have all the parts on standby and ready for me to purchase but I'm going to install my MPI kit first, just waiting on Ed to send me the new tune for it. My wife and I are looking to move before the summer time so building my block will have to wait till after we buy a new home.

For you, if you have low miles, I say get the Vortex and install everything and have fun with the car and just have all the parts to build your block purchased or on standby.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
How many miles do you have? I'm a little over 70k and still haven't built my block. I have all the parts on standby and ready for me to purchase but I'm going to install my MPI kit first, just waiting on Ed to send me the new tune for it. My wife and I are looking to move before the summer time so building my block will have to wait till after we buy a new home.

For you, if you have low miles, I say get the Vortex and install everything and have fun with the car and just have all the parts to build your block purchased or on standby.
I’m still at 30k, it’s not my daily.
I am leaning towards the have fun part, and while the going is good, start building a new power plant to swap in. Staring at everything on the shelf is making me impatient lol. Appreciate the suggestions you’ve made. Thanks!

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I’m still at 30k, it’s not my daily.
I am leaning towards the have fun part, and while the going is good, start building a new power plant to swap in. Staring at everything on the shelf is making me impatient lol. Appreciate the suggestions you’ve made. Thanks!

send it. on e85 you will be fine imo

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
any update on cobb 2019 MPI support & dq381 software?

Don’t know anything about mpi but if you haven’t already flashed the COBB maps for the dq381 do it. OEM+ was how the car should have come and now I’m on sport and I love it.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Don’t know anything about mpi but if you haven’t already flashed the COBB maps for the dq381 do it. OEM+ was how the car should have come and now I’m on sport and I love it.
currently running that one right now. just dont feel 100% comfortable running it daily in stop & go traffic given cobbs ots map reputation. considering going back to stock while waiting for eqt's tcu just for peace of mind.