GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I really enjoyed the MK7.5 I sat in at the dealer. It wasn’t an earth shattering upgrade but a very nice refinement. Cornflower blue is my favorite color but I really like this green too

B685A0E3-4B05-4CE1-9D4C-43D11516C022.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
That is such a sexy shade. It's like british racing green with a slight teal twinge. Works very well with the read GTI accent.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
We'll wait for the Mk8 to come out so they'll be desperate to get their last 7s off the lot.

torga

Autocross Champion
Alright lets do a group buy on some 2019-2020's
If we all share ownership, we could all get one for like $600 each. I call Tuesday afternoons! Gotta look fresh for Taco Tuesday.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Salesman: 5 guys want to buy some GTI's and are asking for the best price
Sales Manager: Oh WOW yea 5 Guys are they adding a delivery fleet?
Salesman: Oh no, it's 5 guys from Golfmk6.com...

Seriously tho, I need some input from anyone that has/had a Podi gauge. I got mine and it literally has zero information about wiring. I did some searching and there are a bunch of older threads. I have apparently the latest version that has a small controller box with only a handful of wires that need to be connected. I sent two emails back to Podi and haven't received anything. I just need to know what color wire goes to what... The gauge and boost sensor just plug into the box/controller.

torga

Autocross Champion
Salesman: 5 guys want to buy some GTI's and are asking for the best price
Sales Manager: Oh WOW yea 5 Guys are they adding a delivery fleet?
Salesman: Oh no, it's 5 guys from Golfmk6.com...
Salesman: "And they just want one. Between them. And they all want separate financing plans."
Sales Manager: "Tell them to go home."

zrickety

The Fixer
The irony is they did sell 2 door MK7, and continue to in Europe and Mexico I believe. What's the point of a 'modular' build structure if you don't offer different options? Why screw the US market?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Seriously tho, I need some input from anyone that has/had a Podi gauge. I got mine and it literally has zero information about wiring. I did some searching and there are a bunch of older threads. I have apparently the latest version that has a small controller box with only a handful of wires that need to be connected. I sent two emails back to Podi and haven't received anything. I just need to know what color wire goes to what... The gauge and boost sensor just plug into the box/controller.

Here’s a link to older instructions. Unclear of the recent changes so you may want to wait for Podi to respond.

http://mchammered.com/Installation.aspx
A buddy did my wiring for me as he is knowledgeable with car radio installation and figured it out quickly. Good luck!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Here’s a link to older instructions. Unclear of the recent changes so you may want to wait for Podi to respond.

http://mchammered.com/Installation.aspx
A buddy did my wiring for me as he is knowledgeable with car radio installation and figured it out quickly. Good luck!

Interesting... I ordered from podi.ca and it was $50 cheaper than that site(minus instructions lol). I'll compare the instructions to the wires I have and that should work! Thanks!

EDIT: So those wiring colors don't match what I have. I read every thread on here basically and they didn't have this box. I wound up finding a 5 yr old thread on audizine where winston at podi said what the colors hooked up to... I got a response to my last email this morning with pdf instructions.

Last edited:

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I got it from Summit Racing. Drop ships free from the manufacturer. You can use a promo code on it if you wait for one, which is why I was able to get it under $500.

As far as drone, I don't notice any at all, but I keep the varex muffler on closed most of the time so it sounds pretty close to stock at that setting. Can't really comment on drone with the valve all the way open because I only have it in that setting when I'm driving it quite hard.

Quality seems good for the price point. Welds were clean and everything fit fine (aside from having to fab up something to connect it to my APR down pipe).
Cool. BTW, have you had a chance to install a momentary switch to close the valve?

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
The irony is they did sell 2 door MK7, and continue to in Europe and Mexico I believe. What's the point of a 'modular' build structure if you don't offer different options? Why screw the US market?
Major reason why I haven't moved from my VI. I don't want a 4 door. If they offered the R in 2DR I'd be all over it. The other reason is I still only have 30K on her, lots of life left.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion

I good friend of mine bought a 16 MK7 2 door SE PP. Nice car for sure.

A couple friends of mine were going to buy a MK7 GTI & another an R, but once they found out they'd be 4 doors they both said no thanks.