GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Cleaned out my stock airbox. First time in 70k+ miles. Shame on me, it was rather filthy at the bottom.
By the way, does anyone know what the marking "WARM VERSION" on the inside of the airbox means?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Bought this for the Rabbit.
View attachment 163896
Install was going well until I went to clamp and saw that the pipe is a different size on rabbit edition.... Of course the site I ordered didn't have this posted ? (They have been told about this and it has been removed from the Rabbit section of the site; still waiting on a response from them. CTS and every other site I looked it up on after does have it posted that it does not fit. Just didn't research first) I did make it work though, so for the other rabbit people it is possible.
View attachment 163897
View attachment 163898
Took the whole tail section off and had a muffler shop expand to the correct size free of charge. SO, you can make it work on the rabbit but not as intended. End of day, it's still a success, and the noise is only slight, but noticable.

Not just the rabbit, every 2019 gti is 2.38” aka 60 mm after the resonator

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Not just the rabbit, every 2019 gti is 2.38” aka 60 mm after the resonator
Interesting.... Any apparent reason why or? Thanks for info Jake

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Is the sound difference even noticeable?
With the stock suitcase, I would say it's so minor it doesn't really matter, but it is there. Again, mines currently gutted, so I can hear a difference. Maybe people your passing hear it a little louder....

Jonnymk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Purchased gti weather mats, my current dealership blows. Drove it on awesome back roads with a lot of turns and straightaways (may upload some quick videos sometime). Then washed the dirty mess.
Love the monster mats that my GTI came with. Just shake off dirt.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I took it autocrossing and bought her new wheels, RSe16 in Satin Bronze.

The Christmas upgrades felt amazing balls. I've tried to replicate the CSS in spirit. I wish VW had brought it to the US.

Attachments

• DSC01667.jpg
    DSC01667.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 154

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
1580065115910.png

Very close to releasing a new version of the Android Auto Performance Monitor.. So what I'm doing today and the upcoming days: test driving the app, with special attention to Torque Pro data elements (which you can see in the screenshot). If you have any specific requests, let me know!