GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Two months after replacing Oil Filter housing, leaking AGAIN.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

Just to make it clear only 9 gets some oil, 14 & 7 do not. The housing is 11 the bracket is 15.

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
Good news, everything is removed with no issues. All the bolts from the cooler/Bracket were ALL tight, nothing was loose.

It seems the Bracket was leaking from the rear, there was lots of oil built up all the way to the top of the gasket. The gasket is not flat or anything, im really stumped about how this was leaking so much oil. Eveything seems fine, here are some photos, not the best of quality I will try to update soon.

Also seems the part is OEM, I thought it was an aftermarket, I purchased it from eBay quite some time ago.
dddd.JPGds.JPGdsds.JPGufjy.JPG

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Does the rear of the bracket mounting surface sit flush with the block without the gasket installed.

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
Im going to test that out and see if it’s flush. Very possible it’s a fake part, $100 CAD and was shipped in a non OEM packaging.

May be better to buy a new part OEM & not have to do this job a third time. Hard to tell from the photo but the plastic material looks very cheap

Edit: Definitely buying a new part, I rather an aftermarket brand than a fake OEM eBay.

Fake OEM < Aftermarket Brand < OEM

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It is likely just a clone and is out of spec. The seal grooves could be deeper than that of the oem. This would not allow enough compression on the seal when all is tightened. That seal doesn't seem to protrude much at all.

In the first pic there is a small portion of the seal that looks to have not made contact at all. Cannot really tell, but it appears different than other sections of the seal.