GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

QL Motorsport 2013 Golf R

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Hi all,

Just picked up my Golf R yesterday. I will be updating my journal (https://qlmotorsport.com) to log things I do with this car, as I do my other vehicles.

Specs:
2013 VW Golf R
101,000 miles or so
Neuspeed intake
HPA quad exhaust, looks to have a full turboback - will probably sell/trade the catback portion for a stocker
APR Transmission mount
Intercooler piping from CTS, very likely an intercooler also, couldn't see at the time
Dieselgeek short shifter - will probably sell/trade for regular shifter
Adjust the clutch engagement point higher (there must be an adjustment screw somewhere on the linkage).
Aftermarket very smoked Euro taillights - will def be trading these for OEM.
Unitronic Stage2 HPFP tune (345/350), verified by Unitronic. I imagine it's got a HPFP as well accordingly.

The car feels pretty good I would say - feels more like it has 300hp than 345, but it pulls decently. The most urgent thing I want to take care of is finding a stock shift linkage and adjusting the clutch to engage higher, feels like it is right off the floor. Car will be used for daily driving and track bitch purposes, pictures and updates to come shortly. Next steps for the car are IE camber plates, rear sway bar, wheels and tires, and prob new pads, rotors, and a fluid flush

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
If not done I would do timing belt, water pump, thermostat, all belts and tensioner along with the cam chain and tensioner. And since you will have vac pump off put RK kit (seals).

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
thanks - some real quick pics below - what tails are these?? they are SO dark, i need to find some oem or cherry red ones

IMG_20200117_120020.jpg

IMG_20200117_115959.jpg

IMG_20200117_120007.jpg

IMG_20200117_115946.jpg

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
They look like they are just tinted dark cherry Euro tail lights. Welcome to the forum, I've got a 2012 R at 95k miles.
@GIACUser is right those are all maintenance items you should get done sooner rather than later. I'll be having all that done in more in the next two months or so.
awesome, thanks. actually I'm pretty sure these are ebay knockoffs, I'll probably get lighter eBay knockoffs lol or find some oem ones

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
i have also noticed one other thing - mpg on this car is horrendous lol, like 25 highway. didn't expect that from a golf, it's worse than my evo

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
below pic is the clutch - looks like there's not really any adjustment available there, or a stopped i could remove unfortunately.

IMG_20200119_141718.jpg

For reference, the evo's clutch master below has the adjustment nut (circled) which allows you to adjust where the pick-up of the clutch is:

Evo Clutch Master.JPG

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Looking through some of the docs, looks like the previous owner stated the boost used to hit 22, now only hits 19 - gonna have to go for a drive in a bit and see what it does. Also apparently replaced a damaged oil pan.

I've ordered new tail lights, OEM shifter (to replace dieselgeek short shifter), still looking for an OEM shift knob. H & R rear sway bar is on the way, as well as new pads and rotors. Motegi MR140s with 255/35-18 RS4s are also coming, the dd/track build is slowly starting to take form!

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Turned out to be nothing - a bunch of parts coming, it's going to look like Christmas at the house soon lol.

Shoot me a follow @qlmotorsport on Instagram for some qual mk6r action soon!