GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
Unfortunately I'm limited by the local suppliers, mostly. The Unitronic is priced close to CTS. They also sell Wagner intercooler, but that one is priced same as APR.
Whatever you do don’t get the Neuspeed Fmic, it will actually hurt the performance

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Here are a few datalogs for LT Motorsports (Treadstone) FMIC:

Mods I have are: IS20, stock intake with AFE drop in filter, CTS downpipe, LT Motorsports FMIC, MAPerformance stage 2, 91 oct

Run 1
Run 2
Run 3

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Looking for some solid proof of which IC is best and willing to pay for the information. More details here.
For someone to say X is best he would need to have all that data for A to Z brands which I doubt anyone has.
Very few people change intercoolers on the same car let alone keep accurate record of what occurred. Personally I have tested Forge Front mount to Forge rear mount to Wagner on my personal car but havent kept concise results between them but can say they worked well in the same order I tested them. At the time I looked at temperature drop and recovery as well as WGDC for pressure drop since I am at high altitude.
I sit and look at 100's of logs months and on the top tier coolers there isnt a major difference so I would personally put more weight on price and fitment than on getting caught up with branding and marketing.
We have just released the second Revision of our cooler that fixed the initial offering fitment issues. If you planning on doing bench tests on your end we are more than willing to send you one.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
What kind of proof are you looking for and best in what categories, fitment or performance or both?

I'm referring to performance, but if I can't install the IC because it doesn't fit then that would disqualify it from being a performance candidate.

For someone to say X is best he would need to have all that data for A to Z brands which I doubt anyone has.
Very few people change intercoolers on the same car let alone keep accurate record of what occurred. Personally I have tested Forge Front mount to Forge rear mount to Wagner on my personal car but havent kept concise results between them but can say they worked well in the same order I tested them. At the time I looked at temperature drop and recovery as well as WGDC for pressure drop since I am at high altitude.
I sit and look at 100's of logs months and on the top tier coolers there isnt a major difference so I would personally put more weight on price and fitment than on getting caught up with branding and marketing.
We have just released the second Revision of our cooler that fixed the initial offering fitment issues. If you planning on doing bench tests on your end we are more than willing to send you one.

I understand the scale of the problem.

are you not happy with your Uni direct fit intercooler? It could make a decent paper weight or door stopper

The Unitronic seems to be doing a good job.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
@MyGolfMk7 impressed by the level of dedication one must have.

But basically same flow as APR and would you say significant or insignificant difference over stock? Id say insignificant, especially when compared to the top 4 air movers.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
But what does it all mean? The flow through an IC is only one small factor in the overall function. The Neuspeed IC for example, it still makes an improvement cooling the air over the stock IC regardless of what it looks like on that chart.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
But what does it all mean? The flow through an IC is only one small factor in the overall function. The Neuspeed IC for example, it still makes an improvement cooling the air over the stock IC regardless of what it looks like on that chart.
Yea i hear you. Ultimately its the delta air temps really that matter mainly which is the main purpose on could say of an intercooler.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Cool data....love this crap..hahahaahah. I am likely doing the Uni IC at some point, I don't see the flow as being necessarily the end-all-be-all....it's all about cooling!