GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I've become a weird keyboard snob. In the picture, a Glorious GMMK board with Kailh bronze switches and thick/soft o rings. It's my favorite so far. Short travel with a light, sharp click.

I've also have keyboards with Cherry Red, Brown and Blue, along with a Unicomp Model M. The Unicomp is well suited for typing angry emails ;)
Once they arrive, I'll be switching from Cherry Blue to Kahil Blue. I've been eyeing the Unicomp, too, but the lack of custom key caps such as blank ones have been swaying me away for now.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
The Unicomp is a completely different animal than any of the Cherry style switches.
a) It's loud. It sounds like the drum section of a Jr. High School marching band. Not recommended for a quiet office.
b) Keys are heavy. You're fingers will get a workout.
c) If you get pissed off at your computer, and pound both fists on the keyboard, the Unicomp will ask for more.
d) It can be used as a weapon to bludgeon intruders.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The Unicomp is a completely different animal than any of the Cherry style switches.
a) It's loud. It sounds like the drum section of a Jr. High School marching band. Not recommended for a quiet office.
b) Keys are heavy. You're fingers will get a workout.
c) If you get pissed off at your computer, and pound both fists on the keyboard, the Unicomp will ask for more.
d) It can be used as a weapon to bludgeon intruders.
Sounds like a really satisfying switch if one were on a POS system all day, but had to manually enter prices. I don't think that sounds like a switch I'd like to have around for every-day typing.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Might be slightly off topic here but anyone use Arch linux? Getting a new thinkpad in tomorrow or Friday and i'm thinking of going with Arch, but having trouble on deciding on a desktop environment/window manager to go with.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Not a new build, but not much I'd wanna upgrade other than swapping in a 2080 card.
---

i7 7700k @5ghz stable with h100i v2 aio
Msi 1070 8gb
Trident-z 16gb
Asus maximus ix hero
Nzxt h500 case
Corsair M.2 128gb ssd
Ocz 256gb sata6 ssd
Wd black 1tb sata hdd
Ocz 1200w power supply

20200112_164233.jpg

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Not a new build, but not much I'd wanna upgrade other than swapping in a 2080 card.
---

i7 7700k @5ghz stable with h100i v2 aio
Msi 1070 8gb
Trident-z 16gb
Asus maximus ix hero
Nzxt h500 case
Corsair M.2 128gb ssd
Ocz 256gb sata6 ssd
Wd black 1tb sata hdd
Ocz 1200w power supply

View attachment 163179
Damn that looks clean

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Jesus, what a chonky power supply. Gonna run two RTX Titans in RAID soon? I'm about to run a 2070 Super on a 550W and I should be fine. I'll bump up to 650W, if not.
Very clean build, love the aesthetic.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
My SICK build. Try not to be jealous ?

View attachment 163236
I love my pi. Makes a good little makeshift NAS/torrent box. Also have it hooked up to my tv and just remote into it anytime I want to watch a movie. It's led to me finding the homelab subreddit and now I eventually plan on having a whole rack in my basement.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
I love my pi. Makes a good little makeshift NAS/torrent box. Also have it hooked up to my tv and just remote into it anytime I want to watch a movie. It's led to me finding the homelab subreddit and now I eventually plan on having a whole rack in my basement.

Love these little things...For me, I went down the retro gaming rabbit hole and set up an arcade one up cab with all the emulators, most importantly MAME, and upgraded all the buttons, joysticks, speakers, etc. Still working on some additional mods like lit marquee and and some led lighting, and upgrading the screen....my kids love it lol

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Jesus, what a chonky power supply. Gonna run two RTX Titans in RAID soon? I'm about to run a 2070 Super on a 550W and I should be fine. I'll bump up to 650W, if not.
Very clean build, love the aesthetic.

It's overkill for sure. I used to run twin 6990s when I had an amd setup, but just kept it once I went full intel/Nvidia.

Looking at the new i9 9900k is tempting AF, but I'd have to get a newer mobo and the 2080 card to make it shine.

I'd rather mod my R instead lol.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
It's overkill for sure. I used to run twin 6990s when I had an amd setup, but just kept it once I went full intel/Nvidia.

Looking at the new i9 9900k is tempting AF, but I'd have to get a newer mobo and the 2080 card to make it shine.

I'd rather mod my R instead lol.
I've got a 3700X and a 1060 right now. The build is mostly done, other than swapping out the 1060 for a 2070S soon. I'm in the same boat - I'd rather revamp my suspension.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Got my first headset - the SteelSeries Arctis-7. Out of the box, the sound quality was kind of unimpressive. I'm a casual audiophile and I've got two pairs of cheaper IEMs that sounded better out of the box.
However, after tweaking some EQ settings, I've got this headset sounding pretty cherry.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Digital eq these days can make any headset sound great.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Digital eq these days can make any headset sound great.
I didn't get the creme de la creme, but I paid a bit of a premium because I wanted wireless. It's got a dedicated 2.4GHz transmitter, so it's incredibly clear. The range is excellent, too.